Cargo Train Route Problem

Home Forums General Discussion Cargo Train Route Problem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    recnilcram
    Participant

So I’ve been scouring the internet for a while on this issue. I currently have circular freight routes in my towns that stop at each industry and in the end return to a large cargo bus station. These work well and are profitable. I tried expanding my industry by adding cargo train routes with cargo train stops near the cargo bus hub in my towns. However, the train isn’t being used. Each Cargo Bus cycle is less than three minutes and the current rotation time for the cargo train is 16 minutes. I’ve also noticed that the cargo bus stations are nearly empty if not entirely so (probably due to my circular pattern). Should I increase the train frequency to see if they’ll use it, or is it possible that my circular bus route is negating any need for the train?

I read recently that it is suggested to put the cargo stops near the industries themselves. I’d do that if my current system is inherently flawed, but I want to see if that is the case first. Thanks in advance.

gcampono
    Participant

If you are serving the same cities, then the bus line certainly negate the need for train lines (or viceversa) depending on frequency, speed and distance to destination.

I commonly put cargo stops near the industries, but in reality what matters is to remain under the 20 minutes rule, which includes “walking” time. If you are under the 20 minutes including walking you get no additional benefits to relocate your stations. However for longer distances it may change: putting stations near industries may allow you to reach farther places within the 20 minutes lines (and longer lines are generally more profitable).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.