Cargocentrals possible?

Home Forums General Discussion Cargocentrals possible?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stevo
    Participant

Hi everyone

If this question already is answered I apologize but I haven’t been able to find anything on this.

I’m wondering if it’s possible to have stations where cargo is unloaded from one train and onto another train to be delivered to it’s destination.

For example like this picture:

line example

The green line transfers coal to the cargo station.
    The red line transfers iron ore to the cargo station.
    The blue line then loads both coal and iron ore to deliver it to the factory and then loads goods at the factory to deliver to the city.

A similar setup could be done with trucks and it seems more realistic to have cargo being loaded to bigger and longer trains at cargo centrals that then deliver the cargo.

Is this possible or do you always need a direct line from source to factory for the game to understand that it should send the cargo via that train/truck?

I tried a little bit yesterday and it didn’t seem to work but then again the industries I tried on didn’t have any production at all. Perhaps you need to trigger the production with a short direct line from source to destination?

Traian Trante
    Participant

Yes, it is possible, but the 20 minutes rule becomes the 10 minutes rule.

If the regular route coal -> factoy would have been ok for 20 minutes, when you break it down to 2 separate rules, the route coal-> general added with the general -> factory must be completed in aprox 10 mins.

w1ld.b0ar
    Participant

cargo, just like passengers, can make any reasonable amount of line changes, but delivery must be done within 20 minutes – iron/coal must get to factory within 20 minutes and goods must be delivered from factory to industrial buildings within 20 minutes(takes some time for them to get from train cargo station to consumer building by itself). I used scheme you described – trucks deliver raw materials to cargo train station, long double-header did bring coal/iron to factory, from where took goods to bring to city(+a bunch of cargo trains delivering these goods somewhere else and trucks for nearest city). capacity was around 200

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.