Center City 10 Platform Tunnel Station

Home Forums General Discussion Center City 10 Platform Tunnel Station

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Big Elk
    Participant

Hi Smeagol01, To get the tunnel tracks to link up tight, sometimes you need to modify the entrance/exit areas of the mountain. First lay a track perpendicular to your line where you want to enter. Use the terrain tools or lay a few linked tracks into the hill to get a straight cliff-edge to construct your double track tunnels  into and out of the mountain. Kind of the same principle as crossing a river with double wide bridges. > The closer you approach the river to perpendicular, the easier it is to cross with multiple tracks. Sometimes I need to prep both the entrance and exit.

Bastargre
    Participant

i also have a problem with the tunnels:

i have build a sunken 5 track station (24om) and now i want for both sides to have those 5 lines enter tunnels, so 1 single tunnel and 2 double tunnels. but once i build 1 of those tunnels i cant build the other ones because it says terrain collision.

any idea on how to solve this?

Big Elk
    Participant

Bastargre, Try posting a pic of your situation, and maybe one of those TF experts can see what’s causing the collision. In my sunken station it was 10 tracks wide, so there was more room to space out the tunnel entrances to avoid the collision. You’ll need extra track space to connect into your station platforms smoothly, but maybe you could build 5 track wide tunnels to serve your sunken station?  Train Fever Wide Tunnel

Bastargre
    Participant

thanks Big Elk. i am using your solution and have created a 5 wide tunnel at one side (money issues make that the other side still has to wait). first line already up and running

i will post a pic later

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.