Citizen simulation – details anyone?

Home Forums General Discussion Citizen simulation – details anyone?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

when planning the citizen transport (especially busses) it is important to consider their destination a provide faster routes. But can someone explain how the citizen simulation works?

i just know that each citizen has home and must go to work, leisure, shopping. But are they going just this one way? Or are they going back home? What can be the possible routes? Can they go from work directly to shops or leisure? Or are the alway visit home in between? Can they go from leisure to work? Or is such combination not considered possible?

Without knowledge of their real possible needs, it is kind of difficult to plan propper locations of the bus stops.

stubblychin
    Participant

They go back home again.  I’m not sure if their schedule changes or is always the same.  I followed one guy who went HOME -> WORK -> LEISURE -> HOME before I got bored of watching.  Although in some cases they do just vanish from existence, especially if their train is too slow.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I hope someone will know more details. it is kind of important to know if bus should go in some circle homes – work – shops – leisure (because these are paths residents are taking). Or if it should go in a way homes – work – homes – shops – homes – leisure, because these are the paths people are looking for.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I followed  one guy who gent Home-work-home-shop-home-leisure-home….i should follow other one again…

Yeol
    Participant

Following the simulation basics (http://www.train-fever.com/2014/01/simulation-basics/) all passenger traffic goes between the residence and a chosen destination (work, shop, leisure). I read somewhere a confirmation that is was implemented this way, but I can’t find back the article.

RickD
    Participant

I’d be interested to know what actually happens to the citizens who disappear if their 20 minutes passes without them reaching their destination. Do they vanish from the game or do they regenerate back at their home. If they vanish it could be the reason that cities seem to take so long to grow

stubblychin
    Participant

I’ve followed some people.  When they disappear from the the train they sometimes spawn back home, which I presume is the case for people who’ve exceeded the 20 minute rule.   Other times the camera loses them completely, so they are either deleted or just lost by the camera, which I think happens when their home is destroyed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.