Competitors / competition

Home Forums General Discussion Competitors / competition

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Damage
    Participant

I couldn’t find anything about competition / competitors in this game. Is there actually any competition or is it just a single player with no AI competing against you?

In any case, I think it would be pretty cool if there would be the option for competition. In my opinion it should be an option, as I can imagine that there’s plenty of people who don’t care about it.

I think it would be quite nice if you could setup the AI of the competition with some profiles. Like the character profiles you can choose from in this game would also apply to the AI.

In Transport Tycoon the AI interaction with you is pretty basic as your pretty much using your own tracks and whatnot. I think it would be quite cool if there would be some more advanced interaction with the AI in Train Fever, based a bit more on reality. I was thinking about lease contracts for track lines, station track rent, Servicing the trains from the AI for cash, renting vehicles to or from them when low on cash and short on capacity and so forth.

I think it would be also cool if there’s some evil aspects to the competition, like spying and sabotage them by for example occupy a really important track for them by halting a train on there.

Another thing about competition that I think would be quite cool is player versus player competition by having some kind of leaderboard in a variety of aspects, like company worth, amount of passengers transported, track length, and so forth. I think that it would be quite cool if there would be like an ingame (or on a website) leaderboard so you can compare your own work against that of the other players.

I know there’s still a lot to be done and the games not even finished and if it wouldn’t make it into the release I can totally understand. Still, I am curious to what you think about the whole competition / competitors aspect.

cheers

basil
    Urban Games Team

The initial release of Train Fever is single player only. There are plans to develop an expansion pack or sequel which turns the game from single to multi player. However, this will only be realized if the sales of the initial release are satisfactory.

The main reason for this decision is our limited budget. It’s simply not possible to develop the multi-player parts with our limited resources.

I agree that competition could make the game more interesting. Also, the skill system and characters are well-suited for a competition mode. So let’s hope that the initial release will be a success so that we can realize the multi-player parts then 😉

Damage
    Participant

Let’s hope that the initial realease will be a succes indeed 🙂

Thanks for the reply. I am glad that multiplayer is on the radar for this game post release, it could really add a lot to the game. I wish you and your team all the best with the development 🙂

Sodien
    Participant

I heard about this game yesterday. And now i can not wait for it. It look great and i am sure i gonna buy this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.