Complexity and urbanity

Home Forums General Discussion Complexity and urbanity

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    thetzar
    Participant

Hello, all.  Things have been a bit quiet of late, and I know you’re off making this awesome game.  As we wait for updates, I wanted to talk about something I’d love to see.

I was visiting the Berlin Museum of Technology the other day, and they hae some great models of the train system there, both urban and suburban.  I took some pictures showing the complexity they’d had for a hundred years; the flying junctions, the multi-level stations at, below, and above grade, the beauty of it all.

I’d give my eyeteeth to be able to have a game that let me build like this.

Please see the pictures here.

basil
    Urban Games Team

Thanks for sharing these pictures!

Multi-level stations are beyond the scope of the initial release. However, there might be follow-up titles afterwards, so maybe one day we are able to make this possible..

thetzar
    Participant

Thank you very much for your answer, Basil.  One more question, if you don’t mind:

I’ve seen elsewhere that you boast of realistic growth for the cities, which seems amazing.  the gameplay video certainly speaks tot hat so far. However, in order for realistic growth to work as I understand it, there would need to be two things I haven’t seen yet: Freight, and metro/rapid transit.  Will these be in the game?

Relatedly, will some cities be very large, or will all start out at the town size?

Thanks again!

basil
    Urban Games Team

The freight question has been asked many times so far, and soon we’ll make an official announcement to give a clear answer on that.

It will be possible to build tracks und multiple stations within one city, but there is no special metro system.

Towns are rather small in the beginning (1850) and grow during the game dependent on the player’s actions. They can get quite large but not huge.

thetzar
    Participant

Thank you very much.  I look forward to enjoying Train Fever and all of its sequels. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.