Computer shutdown

Home Forums Support Computer shutdown

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Traian Trante
    Participant

I’m getting computer shutdowns when playing the game, especially when the game loads new graphics. For instance when i lay out a bridge i never used before, or when i get a new train, or bus, etc…..

Anyway, if i want to crash the game on purpose, I go all over the map, zoom in on everything, look at every vehicle, place every type of road etc, etc, and sooner or later the game will shut down my computer.

In a normal game (large map) it happens once every 5-10 hours.

I can provide dxdiag if it’s necesary.

epic void
    Participant

Sounds like your cooling is inadequate…

Traian Trante
    Participant

You might be right…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi.

Waited hard for TF, but can’t play – having the same issue.

I’m starting a new game, then in about 5-10 minutes my laptop just shuts down. No error or messages.

I thought it’s about an overheating, checked with fur mark and temperature is ok.

I just can’t get what’s the problem…

Have anybody faced it or solved?

Anonymous
    Inactive

For me the same problem. But here I get the error that it uses too much RAM after the DLC. After checking multiple times the amount rises in 15 minutes to about 4GB for TF alone before it shuts down without warning beforehand. This is with 10 lines with about 20 vehicles each (of which 7 lines are busses).

Specs: Core i7 930, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD, Windows 8.1, AMD 7850 2GB.

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

Had the same problem this morning.  Cooling fan intake was blocked with fluff!  Cleaned it out, and am now hoping problem does not return.

Recently Urban Games say they have added multi-core support.  Maybe leading to our PCs being worked harder, giving rise to cooling problems?

Anonymous
    Inactive

With me I doubt it. All other games (including stuff like Sniper Elite 3) don’t crash. Besides I get the RAM notification. The problem also persists with the game paused all the time.

simonmd
    Participant

Normally, the only reason for a PC to just shut down with no warning is a heat issue, anything else would result in a ‘CTD’, not a total shut down.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ohw sorry, that’s what I get most of the times. But sometimes it crashes to a total black screen with a movable mouse button.  In that case I have to reboot.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.