[Concept] Food Industry mod

Home Forums Modding [Concept] Food Industry mod

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Maicom MR
    Participant

Hello everyone.

I intend this topic to present my last idea for this brilliant game, it consists primarily of a new branch of industry … food production, the idea follows the illustration I made to further explain.

Concept Art

Initially I plan to do the mod where the food industry produce goods, to make the process simpler, if the future goes well maybe modify them to produce “Can of Food”.

I know very well modeling in Blender and basically in Autodesk 3DMax, but need help to perform conversions and edits scripts, because I have not much knowledge in programming, some volunteer to help create this mod?

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Maicom MR.
    Stonelouse
    Participant

the scripting is actually the easiest part of it all, since there isn’t much actually. all you need is to copy an existing industry and change its name and the name of the consumed/produced goods, then add these goods to the list of goods and add them in the wagons that should transport these.

since there are some hardcoded limitations to the supply and demand system, i would generally suggest to keep things as simple as possible. so as goods you should use something like “livestock” or “grain” instead of say “cattle” or “wheat” and the final product always needs to be “goods” because thats the only thing consumed by citys and if you would specify any other product you couldn’t create any demand for it at all.

Maicom MR
    Participant

Very Thanks Stonelouse, I’m modeling the factory and the Barn to try put in the Game 😀

food plant model

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Maicom MR.
    Maicom MR
    Participant

Very Thanks Stonelouse, I’m modeling the factory and the Barn to try put in the Game :D

Link to my models (free to use).

KilrBe3
    Participant

Awesome job mate, those look amazing! Love the idea of a Food Industry mod! Maybe those Tank Wagons can also be used as Milk Wagons 😉 Keep up the great work!

Maicom MR
    Participant

Very nice Idea KilrBe3 😀 I will try it later.

Marads
    Participant

Grains Farm  produce grains, after all there is plenty of farm fields around but no grain industry.

Animal Farm, grains -> milk and cows (meat).

Food Factory, grains -> goods, milk -> goods, cows -> goods.

You could send grains directly to the factory, but leading them to the animal farm would result in better profit.

I don’t know if the game can handle those ideas, but I would like if it did.

steveb
    Participant

@maicom-mr Hi there! I like your idea. I am building (or trying at least to) a mod for industry. For now am testing out ideas and managed to make a copper mine that produces copper ore obviously 🙂 that will later be used in smiths to make goods or some other second / third chain products.

I am running into a problem as I made my new RAW material (raw materials are those that are produced without any requirements: oil, coal, iron ore & wood). As soon as you create your new material and go test it in the game please let me know what happens 🙂 You should have the same effect i have in my game: factories stop making their final goods. If you wanna chat or exchange some ideas let me know and i can add you on steam.

steveb
    Participant

can’t edit posts so: guess am a noob at this and raw goods do work :))

Maicom MR
    Participant

I’m noob on TrainFever edit too, now I’m first working on creation of South American Train ModPack, after complete first train i want return to Farm Industry Mod 😀

Sorry for my bad english.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Maicom MR. Reason: add link to "South American Train ModPack"
    Stonelouse
    Participant

marads,

a supply chain that includes sending grains to a farm that produces livestock and milk, which in turn are send to factories that produce goods is in my opinion too complicated for the current limitations. it  would work, but the complete supplychain must be working at once. so you would need demand for goods from both factories and ship livestock and milk in the same quantities or else it wouldn’t work at all.

therefore i suggested to keep things as simple as possible and would consider instead creating three supply chains as follows:

1: crop farm sends grains to mill, which produces goods for the cities

2: cattle farm sends cattle to meatworks, which produces goods for the cities

3: deiry farm sends milk to deiry plant, which produces goods for the cities

douglas
    Participant

I agree with Stonelouse. I like very complex chains, but the way the game is structured that not possible. Not because you have to make the entire chain work at once (I like this part) but because there is a limited amount of industries in the map. New industries never appear. If you make too many types of industries, some might not even appear, or appear only 1 for the entire map, making the gameplay frustrating.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.