confusing and annoying graphical glitches

Home Forums Support confusing and annoying graphical glitches

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    andy024
    Participant

Hello, i get these strange graphical glitches and the game ran fine yesterday. I have not updated any drivers and such (as i know of)  glitch nr.1Glitch nr.2

jm764
    Participant

What Os and Gpu are you running?

andy024
    Participant

Windows 10, Msi GeForce GTX960

jm764
    Participant

@andy024 I see. Well are you sure WIndows 10 didn’t auto update the drivers?

Did you make any major graphical changes in the game or the Nvidia settings for all programs?

Do you use mods?

Does this happen on new and/or old save games?

Cosmicspacehead
    Participant

That to me, looks like the signs of a dying graphics card. But then TF is known for some odd bugs. And windows 10 is known for downloading old drivers. Lol

All I can suggest is trying to redownload the latest drivers from nVidia. Failing that, if you use steam, do a integrity check on that game.

If it is your  graphics card trying to take early retirement, you should try some other games, high end demanding ones. If they’re all fine, then your gfx card is probably OK. If not, you may need to return it/but a new one.

Graphics cards can be highly unpredictable with their life spans.

What’s the maximum temperature your graphics card runs at while playing TF?

andy024
    Participant

the graphics card is 6 days old

Cosmicspacehead
    Participant

Lol well, it wouldn’t be the first time a card has been DOA. I would highly recommend doing some extensive stress testing on your graphics card, as it shouldn’t have any trouble at all with train fever.

It’s best to get these things returned asap if they’re buggered, especially if you got it online.

Just fyi, My somewhat ancient AMD Radeon 6870 1GB has no issues what so ever with tring fever.

I assume you’ve assembled the PC correctly, and have the required power being supplied to the GPU. I made the mistake of only connecting 1 of the 2 PCI power connectors a while ago, in my haste to rebuild my PC, that had some pretty odd effects. Luckily it hasn’t done any damage!

There’s a stress and error checking program called OCCT you should take a look at.

Also check you’ve seated the card correctly, usually it just won’t work at all, but sometimes can give wierd artifacts like you’re seeing.

Hope this helps! Sorry to keep saying it might be your card, but new cards can be just as unreliable as an old one in my experience! (I’ve had to return more dead new cards, than replace dead old ones!)

andy024
    Participant

@cosmicspacehead the card works perfectly, just train fever.

andy024
    Participant

@jm764 might be, i thougth i turned auto update off but still.

andy024
    Participant

Happened after steam installed net. 3.5

Tom
    Keymaster

@andy024 Sorry, that I did not catch this thread earlier. Can you give me a heads-up, if your problem is still present?

andy024
    Participant

@tom i found the problem, AMD gaming evolved.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.