Contour lines / horizontal train track bug

Home Forums General Discussion Contour lines / horizontal train track bug

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mata.lan
    Participant

I found bug in traint track build. If I build road track follow contour line and set horizontal so everything is fine (scr 1 and 2). If I build train track follow contour line and set horizontal, in one direction if fine (scr 3 and 4) but in other decreases (scr 5). If I unset horizontal build and follow contour line it show me that there is increasing (scr 6).

Have anyone same problem? Please try it. I use only different town and street names and language translation, no modds.

FX2K
    Participant

Screenshot 5 has the track end position in a different place to where it would be in the start in 3 or 4 and the end in 6. That’s the only thing I can see wrong?

mata.lan
    Participant

It should looks like, but it’s same position. Look at the white spot – it shows end point and that is same like start point in 3 or 4, only the track is in the notch.
    But yes –  screenshot 5 is wrong. I follow contour line and I set horizontal building but the track is definitely not horizontal.

FX2K
    Participant

Ahhh, Ok I see what you mean now. I can’t say I have noticed this myself, probably not paying to much attention to it to be honest. Is it the same if you zoom in more.. I know the ‘snapping’ of things changes depending on zoom level… in fact I have seen collisions when zoomed out which are not present when zoomed in too.

mata.lan
    Participant

It’s no depending on zoom level. Try this: Build horizontal level wide street in many directions (like on scr 1), than demolish it and on level land build “horizontal” train track (scr 2). In some cases it offer to you build track on embankment (it rise).

In other case I found that track does not rise constantly but in arch (vertikal curve).

I tried many old and new games, hilly, flat, small, big… everyvere I found this.

mata.lan
    Participant

note: on screen 3 and 4 I also build horizontal road and then I build a horizontal train track on same place. “Horizontal” track is rising up the bridge and its definitely not horizontal.

It’s totally freaking me because I don’t know if the train track is horizontal or slope when I build “horizontal”. Has anybody same problem?

bv
    Participant

I have found the track laying to be very inaccurate and buggy. My hope is that they eventually would make a more realistic method – first put down some survey posts with an altitude indication on them, let us adjust the positions of the markers, then let us start construction of a roadbed with a centerline through those markers with an even slope. There should not be any abrupt changes of slope (or curvature) either – we should be able to define a transfer length where the slope or curvature gradually changes to make a smooth transition between endpoints. This is the way RL railroads are built.

mata.lan
    Participant

Yes, something like project documentation. Design the whole track with many points, each can change position and altitude, all cost nothing (or few $ – project cost). After that I can buy it (like upgrade tool)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.