Corrupt (?) download from steam / Failed to start game (missing executable) [Mac OSX] ?

Home Forums Support Corrupt (?) download from steam / Failed to start game (missing executable) [Mac OSX] ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    talkietoaster
    Participant

To my surprise I found that I could download TrainFever for MAC this afternoon. It was a short pleasure though. After downloading the game successfully I could not launch it. Steam displays the following error message “Failed to start game (missing executable)”.

I tried on two systems (2008 MPro Yosemite Public Beta 2012 MBPro Mavericks 10.9.4) same result.

I tried deleting the appCache folder (as suggested by Steam support pages) but that didn’t help.

Any ideas ?

CHeers Talkieotaster

mikael

Hello,

On our steam store page

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304730/

is a note:

Mac and Linux Release Timing

Please note that the Mac and Linux release will be one week later on September 11, 2014.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

mikael

talkietoaster
    Participant

I knew that the official release date was the 11th.

When Steam however showed the Mac Version as “installable” I incorrectly assumed (silly silly me) that it was released early. I think it’s rather stupid of Steam to show the “Install” and the “Play” button when the game is not available …

mikael

Yes this is an inconvenience with steam. It was not possible to make two different release dates for the different OS.

talkietoaster
    Participant

Okay folks it is now the 11th and it’s 10am GMT. I still get the missing executable error after a fresh download …

Any Info ?

CHeers Talkietoaster

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by talkietoaster.
    mikael

There will be a news entry when the mac and linux version is available.

Please stay patient.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.