Crash. Crashdump?

Home Forums Support Crash. Crashdump?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    DK115
    Participant

Hi,

I have had several crashes since the last update. Screen freezes and the only thing left is to stop the application via the taskmanager.

It happens ad random without any message. Is there a crash dump somewhere to be found on the hard drive? And do I need to sent it somewhere?

mikael

What system do you have? GPU is important.

What is your Steam display name? (We have to find you through this search: http://steamcommunity.com/search/?text=DK115&x=0&y=0 )

DK115
    Participant

Steam name: JJTTDD

Dell Inspirion 5000 i7 met AMD Radeon HD R7 M265 2GB DDR3

DK115
    Participant

@Mikael: Any news?

mikael

Hi, we can’t find any crash dumps. This is because it wont send any if you have to end it with the task-manager.

It does look like your laptop is using the intel hd graphics chip instead of the Radeon HD R7. You can download the opengl viewer to see what graphics card is used to render opengl. http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.php

Have you already switched to the dedicated graphics card?

DK115
    Participant

Howdo I do that?

mikael

Here’s a Video how to activate the Radeon card:

DK115
    Participant

Updated the graphical drivers of the Radeon card. Adjusted the settings according to the video. But now graphics are now horrible with flickering  houses. The openGL viewer is showing that Intel HD 4400 is being used?! Can someone show what graphical settings are important ones? I  am a bit lost …

DK115
    Participant

Update: now openGl viewer is showing the Radeon card but when testing it is showing only totally red face and crashes … later on?!!?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by DK115.
    DK115
    Participant

OK, did some more tests:  if I put trainfever.exe on high perfermance (and using the Radeon Card) the game become unplayable with flickering houses. (see video) and vague fonts.

If I put trainfever.exe of power save then the game becomes playable with no flickering but is crashing after some time  ?!!

The same with the OpenGl Viewer: looks OK with power save option for the OpenGL executable. Is crashing and looks awful (complete red model) with the High performance setting.

Any other settings wrong? Video Card broken? How to test?

I am using the lastest drivers.

DK115
    Participant

Solved the issue. Found even newer drivers. OpenGL viewer 4.1 still looks awful but tf looks fine if using the high performance setting. Hopefully it will not crash anymore.

mikael

ok, thanks for posting your progress so far. What’s the current state. Does it start? do you have still any flickering houses?

What video do you mean?

DK115
    Participant

Hi,

The video is the video you mentioned above, suggesting how to activate the Radeon Card.

After downloading the latest drivers form amd.com (and not use the “latest drivers” from Dell) I managed to activate the Radeon card and … without any flickering.  I have played some with this settings on a High graphical setting and till so far no crashes. Keep my fingers crossed.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by DK115.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.