Crash Upon Starting New Game

Home Forums Support Crash Upon Starting New Game

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    rmkeding
    Participant

Hello there!

Just bought the game today after hearing a multitude of recommendations from friends. Unfortunately, the game doesn’t work as soon as new game map generation begins. After the first crash I lowered my in-game graphics settings to low and tried again. Another crash. Then I cleared all local files, downloaded fresh from Steam and verified all files. Another crash. Thinking it might be a problem with my video card I updated my driver to the most current version. Another crash. No matter what I do, the game won’t even get past 1% on map generation.

Lenovo G510s Touch, Windows 8.1 (x64), Intel HD Graphics 4600, Intel Core i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, Steam Beta Client

My Steam Profile (you should find plenty of crash_dumps): http://steamcommunity.com/id/bowbkeding/

Let me know if there’s any more info you need me to provide. My laptop is only one year old and very well maintained/ updated. I see no reason why this should be happening and appreciate- in advance- your help in resolving this matter as soon as possible. I look forward to trying out this game, but until then it’s just money down the drain.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.