Crashing upon making a new world

Home Forums Support Crashing upon making a new world

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ItsCentury
    Participant

So I just bought train fever because I have been watching videos and saving up for it. Now that I have got it. I am disappointed to learn that whenever I hit new world, it loads to 100% but it goes black, music changes to in-game music, then crashes. No error messages or anything. It just crashes. I am using a laptop. Intel HD Graphics 4000. Intel Core i5. I don’t know all the specs so If you have info that can help me or you need to know more my steam ID is: ItsCentury. Thanks guys, I hope I can get this resolved.

jm764
    Participant

We’ll assuming your using windows on your PC if suggest opening the start menu or search box and running “dxdiag” to find out about more about your PC. If you can add the amount of ram your PC has AND gpu uses since it mostl likely shares it with everything else and what version of windows you use. If you don’t use windows list the OS and I can tell you how to find your specs another way.

Personally I use Ati or Nvidia GPUs  for all my PCs (except my windows tablet) since Intel GPUs are extramly underpowered. Anyway the HD 4000 is decent enough to run the game at a reasonable rate, the i5 should be enough to run a small or medium map full of vehicles, and I’m going to assume you habe ATLEAST 4gb of ram since that’s about the minimum most laptops have these days. This makes your laptop almost the same specs as my old gaming laptop (which has a GeForce 360m instead of the intel HD 4000) so it should run fine like it doses on mine.

Now that I have a simple understanding of what your specs are I’m going to “assume” some things.

A: Your settings are too high and your gpu can’t display the game due to the GPU locking up and crashes to prevent a whole system lock up. (This is VERY common on weak GPUs running .)

B:  Your resolution is too high or too low to display the game in full screen

C: Your game is missing files. This happens some times with steam games, simply “verify” your game files and it will re-download the missing files.

Hope this helps.  Jm764

ItsCentury
    Participant

I tried everything their but no luck. Thanks for the help. I’ll just play it on friends computer for now unless their are any other solutions. Thanks for the help though!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.