Did Urban Games forgot about cross-tracks?

Home Forums General Discussion Did Urban Games forgot about cross-tracks?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    gcampono
    Participant

Thank you very much… this is probably the first time that I might have understood train fever signals (I hope) 🙂

I even saw a few video tutorials  on Youtube but they did not explain it …

Chmarr
    Participant

I know this is late to the party, but I wanted to say thanks for the hint about the crossover switch. I’ve been playing TF all this time thinking crossover switches weren’t supported! Turns out I needed to drag the rail just a tiny bit more than I had been 😉

Also, I suggest another way of thinking about the signalling: A signal is a place a train can stop at. Consider that the train draws a path from where it’s at to where it wants to go. If that path conflicts with another train, then the train will proceed as far as the signal immediately before the conflict. If there is no intervening signal, then the train won’t move.

There’s three reasons why you won’t want to place signals everywhere. 1. Cost. 2. Looks and acts messy and 3. (the most important one): you don’t want a train to stop where it can block (or foul) an intersection. So, don’t place any signals at least a train length after an interesection. So, just before the insection is okay, and recommended, UNLESS doing so would also block the previous intersection.

A train will ignore the “back” of a signal, unless that signal is marked as “one-way” (click it and select “one-way”). In this case it will not even consider that direction as a valid path.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.