Disasters?

Home Forums General Discussion Disasters?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    NeighborKid
    Participant

So I was wondering if there would be any form of disasters for TF?  Because I was thinking about how currently its’s a bug that cars or vehicles run through level crossings no matter if a train is there; just like signals. What to let a car know a train is coming? Just the horn or whistle. What about giving the player to choice to build the level crossing warnings, and if said player forgets, maybe a train would hit the car? Causing to break for 30 or so seconds?  Cause loss of  money for train, and track damage? Would slow down the line for that 30 second delay.

What if the player forgets, or irresponsibly places signals that don’t actually show a trains correct location. Or perhaps Very rarely get a message that a signal disabled and that it needs to be replaced, and if not replaced in time a train runs threw the light possibly into the back of another train.

Also track that has been used normally or much that it causes track breakage under the trains wait? – a possible way to prevent that would having a track team in the depot that runs out and patches the track as it goes( but not to be a constant thing, to be a rare issues, if 1 track cleaning goes around maybe every 30 minutes.

I know my ideas sound insane, but it adds to the realism of trains, and would create difficulty to deal with besides making a profitable cargo/passenger company. I’m not asking for gory stuff, maybe a fire here n there from tanker cars and engines, lol

Steve
    Participant

Actually your ideas sound pretty cool but sadly, I’ve not seen anything as yet that indicates there are any such disasters. I wonder if this could make a superb mod.

NeighborKid
    Participant

I really wish I could edit that first post, lol. I was thinking way faster than my fingers were typing…

NeighborKid
    Participant

Anyone else have thoughts?

GeoffersH
    Participant

I doubt whether these will be incorporated in the game, as it would require quite a lot of work for them to be implemented. I have noticed in one of the preview videos, that a truck crossing the railway, just missed by inches, an oncoming train. I suspect that in the finished version, these sort of near collisions will be addressed, so that vehicles will stop at crossing, to allow trains priority to pass, if both approaching at the crossing at the same time. A bit like vehicles stopping, when coming up behind another vehicle does.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by GeoffersH.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.