[Discussion} Modding the industry

Home Forums Modding [Discussion} Modding the industry

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    douglas
    Participant

I agree with SirSac.

The initial plan was to send goods to commercial buildings. Industries would be for jobs only. They said they changed to allow better simulation but didn’t explained in details.

I guess it has something to do with the growth of the city. More residents, more industries, more jobs, more goods demand. And commercial buildings require customer and dont give jobs. Not sure tho.

steveb
    Participant

Right now the industry buildings in the cities only accept *Goods*… if we were allowed to add more types of resources that cities accepted then things would be a whole lot different.

We’re also limited to having only 1 type of resource being produced by one industry at a time. I’d like there to be 2-3… why can’t a refinery produce plastic & chemicals out of oil for example? This would reduce the need to spawn way too many industry chains with their own building which might create problems with the number of industries on the maps.

Traian Trante
    Participant

@steveb i guess that coudl be simulated by making 2 types of industry requiring the same resources but producing different things. what we really need is a map editor and thus the ability to place those 2 industries close to each other

Traian Trante
    Participant

@steveb i guess that coudl be simulated by making 2 types of industry requiring the same resources but producing different things. what we really need is a map editor and thus the ability to place those 2 industries close to each other

steveb
    Participant

Manual placement of industries would help yes… but it is way easier to just allow one building to produce 2 different goods… I’d like the forest to produce wood & rubber for example or a mine to produce iron & copper for example. that would help with my mod lol

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by steveb.
    douglas
    Participant

That would be a very good way to solve the problem of limited number of industries. I hope something like this come with the modding tools.

crossmr
    Participant

Keep in mind that originally the dev’s were not going to include cargo at all. So the mere fact that is an option which can be expanded on is fantastic. They do need to open the inner workings more so modding efforts by fans can expand the system.

The foundation is in, it just needs to be built upon to really make this game shine.

So they were planning on making a transportation game with no cargo? and they have a train game with broken switching? Good lord.

Right now the industry buildings in the cities only accept *Goods*… if we were allowed to add more types of resources that cities accepted then things would be a whole lot different.

This is the big problem. Gwinda’s mod, while semi-interesting is fairly limited because of this. It makes a huge chain, but ultimately it becomes a single chain.

I’d like to see a railroads/RRT model where you could do things like move cows to a meat factor and send food in, finished lumber for furniture businesses, etc. It’d be far more interesting to be able to have say at least half a dozen different chains into a city. If you delivered a lot of lumber to a city, maybe furniture businesses would spring up there. Then you could transport that around to other places.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.