Does anyone else find the announced size of map dissapointing?

Home Forums General Discussion Does anyone else find the announced size of map dissapointing?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tossi
    Participant

As in title. When I first heard of this game I imagined that it would be something like OpenTTD covered in modern presentation aka 3D, details, better UI  etc. but with the recent announcement it seems like the creators are on their way to take a mistaken path similiar to this the SimCity took where they limit the breadth of gameplay for whatever reason.

I understand their wish to introduce their game to those people with weaker, older machines but it should be no reason to limit the other part of gaming community who has better and faster computers. Why not give players an option to chocke their computers to death and fry their processors if they do wish to do so?

I hoped that OpenTTD would be finally dethroned from its position of biggest and most advanced transport simulator but it looks as it is not going to be so.

thetzar
    Participant

A little bit, yes.  But as a first release of an indie game, it’s fine.  The game will grow and change over time.  It’s too much to ask for the ‘dethronement’ of over 10 years of work so quickly.

That said, it’s why I posted my own thread suggesting the activation of the edges of the map; it lets you play as a part of a larger world, without the machine needing to render it all! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.