Don't load line orders

Home Forums General Discussion Don't load line orders

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    freolic
    Participant

The main one needed to is a don’t load order, the problem I’ve found is that a train will drop off wood and then pick up goods, I don’t want it to do this.

douglas
    Participant

The train is only picking up goods because his next destinations accept goods. Its more profit for you even if that is not your main destination for those goods.

Morat
    Participant

I can see where this would be useful if you have another line stopping at the same station that you want to transport those goods. The problem in TF is that, unlike TTD, the player currently does not control how cargo is routed. As a player you’re just making lines available and letting the AI determine how they are used.

In your case the AI has determined that loading up those goods is a more attractive option than whatever else you wanted to happen. The fact that there’s only one car type for multiple goods also doesn’t help as you can’t even use the consist to define what should be carried.

This seems to be the design philosophy underlying the game, so I don’t know if it’s going to change. The only thing you can currently do is make another station and route somehow more attractive to the AI for the goods.

bencze
    Participant

In my current game I am trying to use just steel mills. I *think* it should be the most profitable since it takes 2 types of raw mats. As a bonus there’s no goods car attached so I take it where I want. :p

Person012345
    Participant

@ben, you basically get a free train if you line up the two raw materials in series because for some reason a car can take both x tons of coal and x tons of iron ore at the same time (rather than one or the other as it should logically be). I think that should be fixed so that it can only be loaded up with one type of good at a time.

Person012345
    Participant

-Edit- Oh for god’s sake, wrong thread.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Person012345.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.