Electronic Version or German Retail Version

Home Forums General Discussion Electronic Version or German Retail Version

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PiranhawithTrains
    Participant

Hi all,

I want to pre-order the game but it gave me the options of  the Electronic Version and the German Retail version. Now I don’t know which I should buy. Can you guys give me some differences between both versions? And btw what is a Humble Bundle?

Greetings from Holland

ILikeTrains
    Participant

The game is the same. The only difference is that the electronic version (e.g.: Steam) is only on your PC and you have to download it when it comes out. The retail version is in the classical “box” with the CD. It says german because the box and everything inside is in German, but the game can be played in English as well 😉

So, in order to choose: if you really want the box or have a veery slow internet connection, go for the retail version. Otherwise the electronic one should do just fine

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by ILikeTrains.
    Berry
    Participant

If I’m not mistaken, you need to activate the retail version on Steam as well.
    Kind of too bad, since I’m not a fan of Steam, but I can completly understand that choise.

Dus ik zou zeggen, koop het gewoon via Steam, dat is een stuk makkelijker, tenzij je echt heel graag de doos wil met Duitse tekst erop… (Ja, Autobahn, Wiener Schnitzel, ja sehr gut!)
    En daarbij, ik geloof dat als je een spel digitaal koopt dat er dan meer geld gaat naar de developpers van een spel, omdat je de publisher veel minder betaalt ofzo. Ik gun dat deze devs wel.
    Dus de keus is aan jou, maar mijn advies is, koop het direct via Steam. “Ik zeg doen.”

Since there are no clear rules on this forum and since there doesn’t seem to be an ‘official’ language here, I wrote it in English.

Berry
    Participant

Excuse me
    * I wrote it in Dutch.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.