Everything is a main connection!

Home Forums General Discussion Everything is a main connection!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    gk
    Participant

This “main connection ” is now the biggest problem in the game. Please remove this main connection.

Dolph
    Participant

Yeah, this really makes the game less fun to play, it could be a hassle before but now sometimes it’s quite infuriating.

First I thought – too bad, I’ve got 3 weeks off from work and had planned to start a new large map, now I can’t.. or won’t. Luckily I found the save of my second try at TF (release) and it was on a large map and almost untouched. Yay 😛

edit: about this main line debacle.. I get they’re trying to stop us from cutting roads to stop traffic between cities, but can’t the game just rebuild them or something? Atleast make this optional.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Dolph.
    Gasolene
    Participant

If you create an alternate route you can remove any road in the game.  You still have full control over every road in the game.  There are no roads that are indestructible.

Mike
    Participant

Sorry Gasolene, but could you post a video on how you do it?
    I just tried to see it myself – no way I could remove the main connection, no matter how many bypasses I’ve built.
    This is blocker, and this is unacceptable. I can’t lay railroads without closing roads, even temporarily!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Mike.
    Stonedashell
    Participant

You must use the very same road before you can take the old one out.
    P.S. some roads might look alike so if it still does not work you should try a similar looking.

medopu
    Participant

Developers wanted players to be unable to cheat, because players could just delete the road and force people to use trains.

But they failed with this main-connection feature.

If I want to cheat, i still can.

I can make an alternative route that allows me to delete the main road, then i make this alternative route like a snake going left and right long enough, that cars become no longer useable because they take more than 20 minutes to travel on the snakey road.

I don’t do it, because i don’t want to cheat, but I could if i wanted to.

So developers, by trying to remove cheating, you made a feature that is a pain in the ass to the honest people, that delete roads just because of construction, and cheaters still can cheat if they want to.

I’m not having big issues with this feature thank god, but I believe and totally understand people. that are annoyed by it!

This feature is a massive fail, sorry.

Pasi
    Participant

Yes, you are correct Medopu. In theory it is fine to require bypass first. But mostly it leads to “non smooth” roads with annoying angles and you can’t smoothen them out due to how road construction works. And when you will seriously get pissed off is the situation what happened to me today. City 0f 1.5k inhabitants decided that every single road in it, including all the smallest ones, are main connections and absolutely nothing is allowed to be done to them. No upgrades to higher class let alone tram tracks or buss lanes can be built into them. How cool is that! ruined the game instantly.

Also any of the bypass roads i build turn into main connections and can’t be deleted. And the original road also stays as a main connection so now i have loads of roads what i can’t delete and all the railway tracks must go underground.

This feature is not wanted nor needed and as long as there is so many other bugs and flaws in this game, nothing new like this should be introduced. And those depot doors? Awesome, trains and vehicles drive through them as they don’t open early/fast enough… Excellent work and shows the lack of testing too well.  I doubt any of the developers actually played a full game after this patch was “finished” before releasing it.

Oh, there is now a USA DLC announced. Check the list on the website which says “these 22 models…” Nice, but only 21 models on the list below, so this might be the reason why all this bugs and problems are happening 😉

Sturmsschatten
    Participant

Started new game, EVERY road is a main connection. Dead end? -> Main connection!   Road in middle of nowhere with no connection to everywhere with a lenght of 10 metres? -> Main connection!

Want to upgrade the road with tracks for a tramway? Well fuck main connection.

Want delete the savegame? Main connection! (just kidding ;D )

In 3 weeks are my semester test, and for relaxing train fever was the best game. 🙁

Blokker_1999
    Participant

How come you have roads going nowhere in the middle of nowhere? The only roads i find inbetween towns are the roads going to factories, and that they are considered “main” is only logical since you would be cutting the factory of from everything if you remove that road.

And why wouldn’t you be able to upgrade a road with tram tracks? I don’t see why the upgrade tool wouldn’t work on main connections. I have more issues with buildings that are in the way when I upgrade to wider roads.

Sturmsschatten
    Participant

Here are some screenshots:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016622861/screenshots/

in one picture is the 10 metres road, build by myself and instant main connection 😉 .

eis_os
    Participant

Temporary fix by disabling this feature in the exe

http://www.train-fever.net/index.php/Thread/2230-TFPatchPlus/

Happy playing 😉

Blokker_1999
    Participant

If this forum had a thank you button, i would click it even though i’m mainly a linux user 😉

RAAndre
    Participant

I think this “Main Connection/Bypass” thing should be only for more difficult levels of play.  The easiest setting should not have it.

Pasi
    Participant

Fantastic. Thank you so much Eis_os.

eis_os
    Participant

Small note, I added a linux one, however it’s completely untested…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.