Few question from new player.

Home Forums General Discussion Few question from new player.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Szynsz
    Participant

Hello

At first i want to appologize for my terrible english, but its not my native language. I have few question about factory and tram. I couple times build a tram line, but i dont have passenger (maybe one or two), mu buses give me lots of money but tram never. I build tram lines that same like bus, generaly i connect residential buildings with industry. What is problem? I play in years 1850-1890. Second thing is factory production (not limit) how to increase them? I make railway line and take stuff from factory but its production rise slowly or decrease, how control it? And the last question that i have is short, can i establish a new factory like in OpenTTD, or it will appear new factory in future?

vinkandoi
    Participant

In early years(1850 to 1890)  tram lines are slower and more expensive then busses (stage coach and steam car). So they might not be profitable. People go from their home to one of other sectors and back to their homes (for example home to residential than back to home than shopping than home than work than home than leisure). Make sure you set your lines accordingly. You can click on a citiy’s name to see how much percentage of people of that city are using your line.

The factories supply is based on the demand. If a cities demand is 45 units of cargo than the factory will produce no more than 45 units. Moreover the primary producers (coal iron and oil) will also produce no more than 45 units.

If there is a demand, any industry will increase its production by 1 unit per month. Since the increase in production is slow, it is recommended to first serve the industries with road vehicles until the production is high enough

Industries in Train fever never close, nor new ones appear.

Szynsz
    Participant

Hmm, thx a lot. I have another one question, there is a mod that increase growing speed of cities? I read one thread on this forum and i know now that cities have little demand.

vinkandoi
    Participant

I dont think so if such a mod exists. However I didnt require such a mod. A city grows if its sectors are connected to more and more destinations. Its very easy to grow a city.

If you want to increase the production than try to serve multiple cities.

Szynsz
    Participant

I have another problem. When trying to send the train on the route shows the message “Unable to find a way to stop”. Translated message because I have the game in their native language. What is the cause?

Azrael
    Participant

Either your track misses a piece of it along the way or a one-way signal is placed faulty and blocks the track or, if you want to buy an electric locomotive, you lack an electrified piece of track somewhere.

Szynsz
    Participant

You are great, it was lack of electified. Now its ok 🙂

Szynsz
    Participant

Why my trains stop? Here is screenshot:

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Szynsz.
    vinkandoi
    Participant

It seems that both trains are using the samw line.

Remove the signal near the railroad crossing. It should work

Szynsz
    Participant

But i must remove both signals?

Azrael
    Participant

This doesn’t seem faulty to me.
    I guess that the train waiting on the railroad crossing has to wait because of a train further ahead on the line while the other train from the opposite direction waits because his way is blocked by the train waiting on the railroad crossing.

The design is inefficient but working, I suggest moving the signal, that forces the upper train to wait on the railroad crossing and thus blocking the switch, some meters behind the switch, so the upper train can wait at that signal without blocking the switch.

Szynsz
    Participant

I must start new game to add mod with vechicles?

vinkandoi
    Participant

No

You can add them to an existing savegame

Gasolene
    Participant

As a general rule, don’t put a signal anywhere u don’t want a train to stop.  It seems to me u would never want a train to stop on the main line before the branch, remove that signal and u should be fine.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.