Freezing After Oct Update

Home Forums Support Freezing After Oct Update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zife
    Participant

Hey,

Ever since an update in early October, Train Fever has become unplayable. It freezes withing 3-10 minutes after loading/starting a game. I then have to force close it through the task manager. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, lowering the graphic settings and making sure my laptop performance is set at maximum.

The game before the Oct update, worked great – almost never had a problem. I was hoping it would be fixed along with new updates, but it hasn’t. I’m hoping I can play it again soon.

Steam account is Zifes . I run Windows 8.1, 8GB RAM, 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics 4400

zife
    Participant

Not to bump my own thread, but… Does anyone have any ideas? One thought, last time I tested it, it froze at the end of a month (June 30t). I’ve attempted everything to be able to play the game again. After 44 hours of play time, being suddenly unable to enjoy this game is frustrating.

mikael

There’s a problem with the Intel HD Graphics driver not working the same on a HD 4000 and on an HD 4400/4600. We’re working on a workaround that it runs on those cards.

zife
    Participant

Hey

So the patch fixed a large part of the issue. I played right after the patch and it would still freeze – but only after a long session (multiple hours). I wasn’t too bugged by it sense I had an autosave soon, and it was a good way to make me stop playing.

I left the game alone for a while – came back today and got this message: Error Loading Settings File: ….. local/settings.lua:1: unexpected symbol. The game will then open but automatically close when I try to load a game (in the middle of load around 20-30%)

Please advise – Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.