Freight Station Capacity

Home Forums General Discussion Freight Station Capacity

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Reblet
    Participant

Does anyone happen to know how much freight can be stored in a single freight station? And does each track add to the freight capacity or might it be better to build two separate stations if I want to use it as a transfer station for two different freight types?

Thanks!

Reblet

douglas
    Participant

For trucks is 16 to 18.

Small train station seems to be 160. The other sizes I do not know.

nicker43
    Participant

What bothers me is the truck station capacity.  The large truck station has a limit of 12 units per line.  It makes no sense when you have trucks that can transport 16 units.  Trucks can never be fully loaded.  If you do set the line to full-load, then something down the line will break and eventually the commodity will bypass your station.

I have gone through all the mdl and lua files, but capacity is not a parameter that can be set.  This has bothered me so much that I have run the .exe through a disassembler looking for hardcoded compares with ’12’, but alas, nothing obvious was found.  I would hope that future patches expose all the internal constants and the lua interface is documented with a rich API.  If we had this today, it would be possible to write widgets which could address some of the biggest gripes with the game; for example automatic vehicle replacement.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.