September 17, 2014 at 13:31 #8872pjkParticipant
Railroad Tycoon III – is still my favourite game, for now. I have not played RRT III on PC for years while i play it in my head very frequently. 😉
I`m a self-educated maniac inventor. My favourite employment is to find and try new ways of doing different things. Couple of years i was dreaming about remake of RRT3 or maybe completely new railroad game. When i saw Train Fever for a first time just a week ago — it blows my head up! TF deeply inspire me. I have so many ideas. So many brilliant ideas i heard from folks on this forum! I can clearly see so much perspective in Train Fever! For now i invented and continue to improve & detalize new logics & design for:
- Project based prolonged building
- New building & demolition tools
- Principally new type of bridges + new features on old bridges
- Second type of railroad crossing
- Build, rebuild, improve stations of your own unique design
- Industry chain which as far as i know never used in simulation, but railroad depends on it in real life.
- Visualisations of statistics, processes of loading and bulldozing
- and other minor updates, which can have amazing results
I`d like to thank everybody related to Train Fever: founders, developers, fan & testers, everyone. Cause i`m happy, i enjoy a posture of inspiration. 😉
I`m better in dreaming, less in writing, also i like to gesticulate, when i`m talking and my native language is russian, so texting my vision performs bit by bit.
Dear Urban Games! I`m in love with your product. I want TF to become truly masterpiece. Probably some of my visions can be implemented in TF2, but many ot them seem so simple to me. I`m sure that multilevel ultrahighspeed junctions, that can be built in TF will be worthy to become advertising screenshots.
Please, let me be the part of your team! I will show you smth you will like, when you will be ready to listen. Promise.
Also i would like to ask community, when you want features i mentioned before be implemented?
Please rate from 10-next patch; 5-TF2; 1-next life; 0-never
P.S. i wold like to listen to all thoughts about the case, even if you think i`m crazy 😉 Its ok. Every dreamer been through it.September 17, 2014 at 13:52 #8880YeolParticipant
Great to read your enthusiasm about this game. I feel the same about it, it just great, full of potential!
My primary points on the wish list are
- underlaying complex economy (like RT3) to drive the 20 minute system (which is fine for passengers, original concept and working in practice)
- an alternative to the 20-minute concept for freight (perishable, bulk, …)
- the path system more elaborated (waypoints, alternative platforms, signalling, more specific load/unload options…)
- more divers and dynamic industry (based upon the new economical model)
- more natural and logical placement of industry
- 5th type of buildings: public buildings (schools, administrative, universities, sport complexes…)
My wish list is a lot longer, but in the first place I really would like to see a deeper, more complex game.September 17, 2014 at 14:13 #8882fcsabaParticipant
So many great ideas! I’d like to share mine:
- dynamic weather with snow and rain, like in Banished. Snow can influence speed, might make certain line to stop
- more type of tracks, following the UIC standards would be awesome OR different gauges with narrower gauges needing lesser maintenance
- planning tool! as the terrain can be little tricky, a planning tool would be useful for track laying
- larger factories in cities that need have their own platforms and inner industrial railway system, which you can connect to your own system.
- scheduled track maintenance. Abandoned railways become covered with grass and weed over time (just like in OpenTTD)
So what I’d like to see is a deeper and more realistic industry and more realistic track management.
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.