Game constantly blinks black on Linux

Home Forums Support Game constantly blinks black on Linux

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jadahl
    Participant

I just bought and installed the game and it starts without problem, however, when in-game the whole screen blinks black constantly as I move the mouse. I tried different graphics settings but it doesn’t seem to help. The performance is fine and I can navigate and move around, scroll in and out, the problem is that it flickers and blinks black so much that its completely unplayable. It seemed though changing the HDR setting made it blink less, but not sure as it still blinks a lot.

I’m running Debian, 64 bit on GeForce GT 520M, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2620M CPU @ 2.70GHz, 12 GB RAM.

mikael

Does this also happen in window mode?

Would it be possible to make a short video or screenshots?

Does everything turn black or only some parts?

jadahl
    Participant

It happens also in windowed mode.  Video recorded and temporarily placed here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1418565/trainfeverbug.webm . The whole window turn black, not just some parts.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by jadahl.
    stmprn35
    Participant

Im having same issues, both fullscreen and windowed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LNI_b0tV-Mb3JGSzhybk9Kblk/edit?usp=sharing

openSUSE 13.1 NVIDIA Geforce GT 750M/Primus/Bumblebee ntel Core i7-4700HQ

stmprn35
    Participant

So it seem to be an issue wit anti-aliasing. Turning it off solves the screen flickering.

EDIT: So it seems to be an problem with Optimus/Primus. I managed to solve it by adding this option PRIMUS_SYNC=2. ( I modified script run.sh – added export PRIMUS_SYNC=2). Will see how it affects performance.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by stmprn35.
    Riche
    Participant

This also happens on my laptop at work. Windows 7 I3 geforces gfx.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.