Game Crash on Zoom In

Home Forums Support Game Crash on Zoom In

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    N7 Cassey
    Participant

I just bought the game on Steam having spent hours watching gameplay footage and getting thoroughly excited…until I launched a game.

Maps load correctly and I’m able to move around the map with my cursor, but when I try to zoom in with the mouse wheel in a town the game locks up and quits to the Steam Dashboard. I can zoom in on single industries and any clear area on the map, but I’m only having a problem with the towns themselves. I’m guessing it could be related to the most recent update, but as of yet I haven’t found any solutions to the problem trawling through these forums and the forums on Steam. Updated graphics drivers, verifying the install on Steam, restarting Steam/my whole Desktop, and no results. Kinda bummed out since I can’t play it all, but a good game is worth waiting for so I can wait.

Desktop is custom made, but here’s the important bits,
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3225 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs)
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    Display Memory: 4095 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1005 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

DarthAlex87
    Participant

I got a similar problem. The game often crashes when I got a new achievement or a new happening. It also crashes when I build a new station or assign a vehicule to a new line. Is it due to my computer which would be outdated to run the game?

Operating System: Windows 7  64-bit Service Pack 1
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M560 @ 2.67 GHz 2.67 GHz
    Memory: 4.00 GB
    Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Thanks for your support… I’m not really experienced with computer sciences 🙂

urban

Did you get the driver directly from ATI/AMD? Please download the latest version here (if you haven’t already done so): http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

N7 Cassey
    Participant

“Did you get the driver directly from ATI/AMD?”

Yes

urban

We are working on a solution for this problem. In the meantime, could you try to delete the file “settings.lua” and the directory “texture_cache” from your userdata folder (usually something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\{your user id}\304730\local)?

@DarthAlex87
    : you should be fine by using this driver: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

urban

We’ve presumably identified the problem but are still working on a patch. On our test machine, we can work around the problem by disabling anti-aliasing in the menu (Settings > Graphics). Can you try if this works for you as well?

CrashM1
    Participant

I bought the game on steam and installed it yesterday. Today i would play it but it crashs directly when i loaded (100%) of a new map.

I already tried:

– reinstalled the game twice. once with firewall and once with firewall off.

-my grafic driver is up to date

– PC restart

-started game as admin

-“We are working on a solution for this problem. In the meantime, could you try to delete the file “settings.lua” and the directory “texture_cache” from your userdata folder (usually something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\{your user id}\304730\local)?”

But at all nothing.

Help would be nice.

urban

@CrashM1: the crash dump files suggest there’s a cargo type mod installed. Reinstalling the game should definitely fix this. Did you right-click on Train Fever (in the Steam library) and select “Delete Local Content…”? Can you try to reinstall and run the game with your anti-virus software disabled?

CrashM1
    Participant

hell yeah. thanks! i can play 🙂

DarthAlex87
    Participant

@urban: Thanks for answering. I installed the driver you recommended me, unfortunately it’s become worse because the game doesn’t start at all anymore. I get a message: ogl__LoadFunctions failed 🙁 Thanks for your support again.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by DarthAlex87.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.