Game crashes

Home Forums Support Game crashes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    puzzlep@bigpond.com
    Participant

Can any of you help. The game is stopping at the end of each month when the totals add up. This is most prevelant when I have a vechile  window open.

Thanks

ab748

admin
    Keymaster

Hi ab748!

A couple of questions:
    Is this a behaviour that started showing recently? Does this also happen with a fresh started game? Do you use any mods?

Best Regards
    Tom

puzzlep@bigpond.com
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I have posted the incorrect information. Here is a note that I have compiled about my problem. In answer to your question it does not start as soon as I start a new game. The problem generally occurs when the game has progressed and there is some traffic on the lines. Thanks for your reply and as a matter of interest I have played the game for a total of 188 hrs
    I really enjoy this game but I am having some real problems running the game.
    Computer details: i7 with windows 10, 2.00-2.68Ghz.Graphics card AMD Radeon M260. The game is stopping each month when the totals Change, Also annually.
    Also the game stops when I have opened vehicle windows and click on this window for information.
    I Trust that you can assist in overcoming these problems.
    Thanks
    Winston Parsons

admin
    Keymaster

Dear Winston!

Sorry for coming back to you so late. The freeze at the end of the month occurs, when the game has to do various calculations, which tend to get more demanding over time as cities grow. We put a lot of effort into optimizing this calculations.

As for the vehicle window this would need further investigation. If you want, you could send us your save game so we can have a look at it! You can find our email address in the “About / Urban Games” section.

Best Regards
    Tom

puzzlep@bigpond.com
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I thought over what you said about using mods and I uninstalled the game and the mods. After downloading a new copy of the game I just played the game without mods and the game has run a lot better until I had several vehicles on different lines and then the stoppages started to reoccur but nowhere near the frequency as before.

After reading your e-mail this does explain the problem.

The game will not allow me to use the escape key to exit and I turn my computer off and restart.

About sending you the file. If I can work this out I will do so.

Regards and thanks

Winston.

pepealco
    Participant

I have the same problem.

When the game progresses to make ends meet and relantiza or start jerking

puzzlep@bigpond.com
    Participant

HI pepealco,

A gentleman at trainfever replied to me.

Dear Winston!

Sorry for coming back to you so late. The freeze at the end of the month occurs, when the game has to do various calculations, which tend to get more demanding over time as cities grow. We put a lot of effort into optimizing this calculations.

As for the vehicle window this would need further investigation. If you want, you could send us your save game so we can have a look at it! You can find our email address in the “About / Urban Games” section.

Best Regards
    Tom.

Besides this gem he also suggested that some mods might be causing the problem. So I removed the mods, and uninstalled the game and started with a fresh game. The failures were reduced and the game did run better with no mods. The other action I took was to pause the game when I was adding new lines or vechicles.

Regards

Winston

pepealco
    Participant

Thanks for your answer.

but I still think they have to improve a little. When buildings are tall will also work go Cuestra fluid.

Forgive my English, I write from a translator. I am Spanish.

Cheers winston

pepealco
    Participant

I think you can not go fluid, when cities grow and the buildings are high.

When I start a game I first put all stations and trains and the game is fluid, until the cities grow and buildings begins to jerk and go slow rise.

I forgot to mention earlier.

greetings friend

puzzlep@bigpond.com
    Participant

Hi Pepealco.
    Sorry to be so long replying. I have read both your mails and agree they have to make
    some significant improvements. Despite the problems I still enjoy the game. Your
    English translation is fine. I am a New Zealander and now live in Australia. I am what
    they call here a retiree, 75 years old. I have four children and 13 grand children.
    Cheers and happy train fevering.
    Winston

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.