game hangs after 2 minutes intel 4200

Home Forums Support game hangs after 2 minutes intel 4200

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    vinkandoi
    Participant

Hi

i am running it on intel hd4200 with latest drivers

the game runs for 2 or 3 minutes and suddenly hangs. I wait for a while and clicked mouse. But the dialog appears to wait for the program to respond or close it.

Plz help

my steam username is vinaximus

vinkandoi
    Participant

To add

i deleted the texture cache to see if it works. But not

senel
    Participant

+1

I have same issues on all Intel HDs (4000,4400,5000). Programm stops respondings after 2 minutes and after a while game crash.

vinkandoi
    Participant

I noticed (while playing window mode)  that this problem occurs after a pop up message “graphics driver was stopped working and recovered”

senel
    Participant

Tried it in windowed mode and can confirm this issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The game didn’t work with Intel HD 4000 Graphics for me too. It crashed every  time after two minutes of playing. Luckily I discoverd there was a second Nvida Graphics card in my laptop. It didn’t crash  I didn’t noticed the second graphics card for almost two years. It was a well spend 20 dollars for me since other games are running smooth since then too 🙂

There are more topics about the Intel HD cards. The dev’s said it’s below the minimum system requirements. Don’t expect it to be fixed soon. Most of the time the game don’t even start. Unless you have another graphic card, you will not be able to play the game. :/

vinkandoi
    Participant

@Admiral! I had played the earlier versions of this game on intel hd4200 (lenovo yoga 2 11) without any crashes. So I think that it is wrong to confirm that it does not work on intel hd 4000. Perhaps there is an issue which needs fixing

Winter4ever
    Participant

Two updates earlier i didn’t have any problems with IntelHD 4400. Now I have the same problem.

mikael

We cant find any crash dumps.

Could all of you please let us know about your steam display name?

You should be able to find yourself on this search form:

steamcommunity.com/search/ 

Winter4ever
    Participant

mathias.russenberger

vinkandoi
    Participant

Hi,

my steam display name is kandoivinay

vinkandoi
    Participant

To add, the game does not crashes, it just hangs as if it has lost focus. Now when I click anywhere, an error pop ups asking me to wait for the program to respond or close it. I waited for 5 minutes and had to close it then.

mikael

@Winter4ever

That’s not the steam-display-name  we’re searching. But i found a player called winter4ever, but like vinkandoi we did not find a crash dump, i guess your crash is similar to the problem vinkandoi writes about.

@vinkandoi

You’re right, we dont get a crash dump when the program needs to end the process like that. Did you do anything special? or is it enough to just start a new game and wait some time?

Have you tried to delete the texture_cache in the steam userdata folder?

vinkandoi
    Participant

Hi Makael

I tried the following

-Deleted texture cache and settings.lua

-Increased TDR to 10 from registry

-Made a fresh installation of windows 8 all like new.

But the problem still persists. Plz do something as this problem was not in your previous releases ( I played for hours on my Lenovo yoga 2 pro ).

I copied the main game from my pc to laptop (steamapps/common/trainfever)

And after that i CHECKED THE INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE).

Specs

Intel core i5 4202

Intel hd 4200

Windows 8.1 64 bit

4gb ram

apprx 1.8 gb allocated to vram

vinkandoi
    Participant

Want to add that

The game hangs with a pop up messages “Graphics driver stopped and recovered sucessfully”

I ran stress test on my cpu and gpu. Ran cities in motion for 10minutes with no problem. (This confirms that my hardware is fine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.