Game Improvements

Home Forums General Discussion Game Improvements

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Froggy010
    Participant

Normal

false
    false
    false

NL
    X-NONE
    X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:Standaardtabel;
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-style-parent:””;
    mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
    mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt;
    mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
    line-height:107%;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:11.0pt;
    font-family:”Calibri”,”sans-serif”;
    mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

After a rough start and some stability problems I played Train Fever now for about 5 days
    I really enjoy watching the trains, busses and trams riding their rounds and watching the world growth and seeing from almost no traffic in 1850 to massive traffic jams in the 90’s really nice!

But…
    Unfortunately I don’t have the same feeling playing for example Locomotion or Cities in Motion.
    I have some tips and ideas for the game to improve it and make it a lot easier and more fun to play.
    I hope the Train Fever team likes the ideas.

–         Company Name (and Colour) ???
    Why can’t I give my company a name and give my company a company colour?

–         HQ?
    In almost every transport game (Transport Tycoon, Locomotion, Transport Giant you can build a HQ in the city of your choice and that city becomes automatically your main city

–        Upgrade stations with an extra track
    Please make an option to easily add an extra track to a station

Modernise stations, stops and signals more easily
    It is  a real pain to manual demolish all the stops, stations and signals and replace them for the moderns ones!!! That take a lot of time……..
    Please make an option to modernise stations and stops by selecting the modern station or stop from the right menu and click on the station or stop that you want to upgrade to de modern version.

–        Bugs in electrifying rails
    When upgrade rail to electric rail there is a large bug and there are small little pieces of track that won’t upgrade. It is a real unpleased time taking job to search the entire route for little missing pieces before a line finds it path again.

–        Rail/road crossing
    Why does trains and cars go on the crossing at the same time and drive thru each other? 

–         Platform choice
    Please make the option like in Cities in Motion to select the platform the train must stop at a station.

–         X tracks
    Pleas add x track to the rail build menu

–         DLC’s
    When finishing to optimise the game as it is now it would be really nice if you can add Airports/Airplanes and Docks and Boats to the game (if everygthing works perfectly) I would be prepared to pay for such a DLC

I hope my tips are helpful to you.
    It is a really nice game but it needs still a bit of work to make this game the new Transport Tycoon off 2014

ihuedge
    Participant

Rail building mode?

Building lines with small sections of rails makes it almost impossible to lay good rail line with first attempt, especially when building bridges/crossings.  It often requires a lot of build & try checks, which can skyrocket rail building costs.

How about introducing mode which would allow us to plan whole sections/lines and then build it when they are complete, like now we can do with single sections of rails.

RickD
    Participant

Agree with a lot of your points however I think stations should modernize themselves as time progresses tbh.

Adding extra lines to stations should definitely be implemented, so many times I have deleted a station and tried to replace it with an extra track only to find it tries to snap to the road slight differently and doesn’t line up with the existing track running into it

Would also like to see multi-line depots added, most depots IRL have more than one track

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.