Game Support

Home Forums General Discussion Game Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    iceman11a
    Participant

I posted a message a week ago related to the updated version of the games cargo. Where the trucks only transport one type of ore or cargo. This creates confusion when tring to setup a new game. When I need to place more lines then what I need. The video tutorials are too old and don’t have this info to show us how to use the new setup. (Witch I think should be changed back) Does any one have any idea on how to do this. If I would have known the support for this game was poor. I never would have got it.

admin
    Keymaster

Hello!

Sorry for not replying to you earlier.

Since a recent patch, trucks and train wagon can only transport one cargo type. You can define the cargo type when buying the vehicle or while it is in the depot. While buying, click the icon next to the capacity in the right hand side of the window to change the cargo type. In the depot, you can click on the cargo symbol which overlays the vehicle.

If you want to get rid of this restriction, you can use a mod provided by us:
    https://www.train-fever.net/filebase/index.php/Entry/1453-Fahrzeuge-alle-Frachtarten-Vehicles-all-cargo-types/
    Just extract the zip file to your mods folder in the Train Fever directory and activate it when starting a new game.

It is available in German and English. When the mod is installed and active, vehicles can carry all cargo types.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.
    Best regards
    Tom

iceman11a
    Participant

Tom, Thank you very much for a reply. How ever that mod is out dated and I need one for Build 6219. Or is there a video that can show me how to use the new cargo runs. (This would require a lot more lines) How ever I do think this does need to be removed from the game. It causes too many issues.

The people who I have chatted to about this have no plans for updating Train Fever because of this and on top of the idea that most mods were never updated. This is the problem I have. Please any ideas would be great,

Joe

admin
    Keymaster

Hello!

The mod was made exactly for build 6219 (by me) and should work fine. I already answered in the forum over at train-fever.net but did not realize I was also talking to you there.

Maybe how the mod is used is not 100% clear? It adds an additional loadout configuration for all cargo types, so you still have to change the loadout.

Best,
    Tom

iceman11a
    Participant

I used the Games Mod manager to download and install that mod. When I start a new game and want to add this mod to a new game.
    It displays a question mark and says that “This mods format is deprecated” and to contact the author for an updated version.

So some where there has to be some thing wrong. How ever I didn’t see a reason for changing this in the 1st place. It should have never been change any way. Then you wouldn’t need the mod. The ” Game Manager” doesn’t show what mods will work for the version of the game.  (I contacted the Authors about that all so). Just no replies yet.  so as of now I still haven’t been able to even start a new game.  How are you expecting players to play this game with no mod. Do you have a tutorial on this. ???

iceman11a
    Participant

Tom, it would be great if I could here back from you on my last post. Ok I did get it to work, The setup is a little strange I thought. In the list of items that the Trucks, (Wagon) carried. You could have just did a list of them. The only option that should have showed up in the list was “All Items”.  The only problem your going to have is that it doesn’t work with all items that I can see from other mods. So if there’s a mod that was added that had more items, Your mod more then likely won’t pick the up and add them to your list. From what I can see this doesn’t work. I all so added the cargo mod. and the items in this mod didn’t show up in your list of items. How ever I run the game again and make sure.

admin
    Keymaster

Hello!

Thank you for your patience and for keeping me updated. For me the Mod works without error messages on 6219. But I will have a close look at this next week.
    I will also make sure that a short tutorial on how to use the mod will be added.

A last question: Do you use the Steam or GOG version? And just to double check: You are running build 6219?

Best, Tom

iceman11a
    Participant

I’m using the steam version. and Yes I’m running Build 6219. That’s what it says at the lower right hand side. and the last question for now is. Not just a tutorial on using the mod. But one with the mod and one with out the mod. From what I have been playing with It would be all most impossible to do it with out the mod. If a factory needed 3 or 4 items sent to it so that it can make what it should be making. That means you wood need 3 or 4 wagons (Trucks) going from and too the one station back to the same factory and again back to the station.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.