Game unplayable after new Mac version update

Home Forums Support Game unplayable after new Mac version update

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    mikael

Do you still have the savegame that crashes?

Could you upload it somewhere and provide the link here?

mjmay2
    Participant

Does this work?  (First time using DropBox)

Mike2 crashes about 10s after loading (Mike2 was created before the last 2 builds),  Mike3 crashes a minute or 2 after loading.  I suspect this is at the auto save game (Mike3 is saved after I loaded the 1852 game and saved before the 1853 autosave).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2uku0tytfver23/Mike2.sav?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00p98ddurpr96vn/Mike3.sav?dl=0

mikael

Yes the download did work and I could load both games without any crash after some minutes.

We could not find any new crash dumps from you. Did you disable the crash reports?

Do you have any new crash dumps in the steam userdata folder?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<userid>\304730\local\crash_dump

mjmay2
    Participant

I don’t think Train Fever recognizes this as a crash.  It just seems to suck up all the computer resources into disk activity – the drive is going like mad – I waited truly 10 minutes and it would not stop. Initially for the first 5 minutes enough resources are available for split second screen updates every 30s or so (mouse cursor moving, vehicles advancing a fraction of a millimeter).

Jasper
    Participant

Be interested to know if people’s experiences have improved?

Bought the game recently, after the 12 November patch, and performance on my iMac is pretty poor, even on the lowest detail settings – lots of lags, which is suprising given my iMac’s specs, and the fact it deals with Cities in Motion 2 almost flawlessly:

• iMac with Retina 5K display
    • 4.0Ghz i7
    • 24GB ram
    • Flash SSD
    • AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4GB

Will try some tinkering this weekend, to check (might see whether performance is significantly better if I install and run through BootCamp…

Brightlands100
    Participant

Not improved at all.  Low settings and still lagging and jerky.  Originally it was fine on much higher settings.  To be honest, it’s a pretty poor game.  It had great promise but I don’t think it’s ever going to deliver.  I’ve given up playing it.  I only saw your post because I had an e-mail alerting me to it.  With your brand new iMac it should absolutely fly.  Mine is under 2 years old.

Jasper
    Participant

…For what it’s worth – Installed Train Fever under Bootcamp, and performance is no better…   Hope the performance issues are fixed soon, otherwise it’s a real shame.

mjmay2
    Participant

I have upgraded to Ubuntu 14.10, got rid of hard-drive encryption, and now everything is working great again.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.