October 21, 2014 at 12:41 #12185aymericoParticipant
I’m a former traffic manager for the SNCF (French National railway) and i’m actually employed by greater anglia as a traffic manager ( yes again) ! I’ve spoke with some colleague of train fever, and one point remind the attention of all : The concept its very attractive and the project could be hyper realistic !
So I’ve some suggestions : -Implantation of several landmarks/important place ( Airport, Harbour) for example in greater anglia we have the “Stansted express”
– Implantation of other company with a competitive concept, and the possibility for the player to manage price salary etc …
-Implantation of a mechanic part ( usury of rail and train )
– Improvements of the management part !
If you have any other ideas go on ! 😉
PS: Sory if i make some mistakes, I still have some lacks in EnglishOctober 21, 2014 at 14:01 #12188FX2KParticipant
I doubt you will see these implemented in the current version of Train Fever, maybe TF 2?October 21, 2014 at 16:23 #12194AnonymousInactive
1. Regulate speed of time, now it is too fast. For example 1 day = 1 minute
2. Make traffic lights on roads. In big cities it is very difficult to organize traffic.
3. Rise up population in cities and capacity in vehicles.October 21, 2014 at 18:44 #12203KamalingParticipant
– Use a generation query for the highest level of a spawned city and set this to the max spawn hight for factories.
Ore and oil are ok to spawn at the top of mountains… but factories?
– btw: this query can also be useful for the “important landmark” idea of aymericoOctober 21, 2014 at 18:55 #12204ViljainenParticipant
I like the landmark idea. A harbour could demand goods and airport could be a passenger destination. There could be also other landmarks like stadions or touristic sites. It could be something for a DLC.October 21, 2014 at 20:02 #12205JadelaParticipant
I’d love to see functional railroad crossing first, haha.October 22, 2014 at 17:38 #12252TarcParticipant
I thoroughly support LANDMARKS. There is currently not a single better idea than this.
At present, the game does not offer anything unique, each new game is the same… “random” towns/industries, but it’s all very very similar. There are no gaps between towns, it’s almost always the same distance, etc.
Landmarks could add a really neat feature – you’d have to build your business around those (1-3) big areas, e.g. harbor/airport for a source of passengers wishing to travel to cities; new building projects that require different materials (that are not yet in the game). The possibilites are huge.
Also, I found myself building up my company with vehicles other than trains… the game should be a general transportation game, not a train-specific one. Because then you could offer other services, e.g. taxi service from the airports.
You would have to set prices, which is not present in the game yet… I do hope they will improve the game!
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.