GIMP doesn't make Greyscale heightmaps?

Home Forums Support GIMP doesn't make Greyscale heightmaps?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Satscape
    Participant

Hello, I’ve been trying to make a custom map for Train fever, in GIMP I chose new image 4097×4097 Greyscale. Made my image and saved as 0% compression PNG, but train fever says it’s not a greyscale image. I loaded that image into Photoshop elements, did nothing to it, simply saved out as a PNG, dropped it into Train fever, and it works fine every time.

So, is this a bug in GIMP that I should report to them, or am I doing something wrong that makes Train Fever unhappy?

If there’s anyone who knows about image file formats, here’s a zip containing the working photoshop image and the non-working GIMP image. http://www.mediafire.com/download/bzsxt402uyh6675/Train_fever_-_GIMP_v_Photoshop.zip

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Satscape.
    Tom
    Keymaster

Hello!

Not a GIMP bug, just Train Fever being “unhappy” 😉 about the alpha channel, which GIMP and some other programs add to the image.

You can remove it in GIMP via the menu: Layers -> Transparency -> Remove Alpha Channel.

Photoshop Elements – to my best knowledge – does not support this feature and therefore strips it on loading and resaving.

Best regards,
    Tom

Satscape
    Participant

Thank you Tom!
    I’ll give that a try.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.