gridlock .. again

Home Forums General Discussion gridlock .. again

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    splifsend
    Participant

After endless gridlocks where 1 car will just seem to be parked up doing nothing for a few hours or so of gameplay I decided to upload this screenshot to show what keeps happening… The 2 cars parked in my bus lanes going nowhere, and a bunch of people on the crossing doing nothing seems to be a common occurrence :- http://i.imgur.com/FH8D6iG.jpg can anyone explain why its keeps happening?

ifurkend
    Participant

“Downgrade” (or upgrade) the road will reset the vehicles on that section. Traffic jam caused by citizens’ cars is the result of insufficient transit service, simply extend your lines and buy more vehicles to reduce service interval should help.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by ifurkend.
    splifsend
    Participant

I don’t think you quite understand, I have 2 cities very close to each other with around 2000 population in each, and for the most part all the traffic runs fine.. I have about 20 bus routes and 2 train networks within the 2 cities , and they are connected to 7 other cities with busses and trains all receiving goods.. The trouble I am having is 1 car will stop and take a nap in his car for hours (real time) if I leave it.. I know if I do the upgrade/downgrade trick it all starts moving again , but only for it to happen somewhere else completely random and start the gridlock all over again.. I have done about 180 hours game play and have learnt a few tricks but this is really annoying “bug” like.. If the cars would actually change lane and go around the dude who is asleep then the city would all run just fine., but that would be too much to ask…

atpat
    Participant

I’ve seen this too, but the cause is not always obvious. I find typically that one vehicle wants to make a manoeuvre which conflicts, and it halts, and everything around it gets stuck. Working out which one is a challenge. The ‘asleep’ cars, I observe, are often waiting to do a u-turn but can’t because of the other traffic.  Sometimes they do seem just to go to sleep, though!

I tried the cobra tram last night and it just got stuck in the (large) tram station, tangled up on entry/exit. The vehicle interactions are too strict and need to be relaxed.

ifurkend
    Participant

@atpat: The cobra jam at the entrance/exit of bus/tram terminal happened to me as well, so I now only use bus stop to avoid intersection as much as possible.

Tattoo
    Participant

Yeah man, the devs put a few drunks in the game just to screw with us. lol I think it just shows the destination of people but if it showed where they came from, dude would be coming from the bar. 🙂

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Tattoo.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Tattoo.
    splifsend
    Participant

ok I have worked it out, the flaw is they need somewhere to turn around..

As a test…  I decided to delete all the narrow roads in city and all entrances to depots.. then I placed a depot right out of the way on the edge of my city, then within minutes all the traffic started heading there.. they like somewhere to turn around.. they will use bus depots road depots and even the train station entrance.. Also I noticed that the cars have a problem, they don’t arrive at building if it is on the left of them, and because of this they will go around a block to make sure they can arrive with building to their right.. Its shabby programming

Tattoo
    Participant

I’ve done that to the roads myself and it seemed to help but I didn’t notice what you found that the cars do. I had to destruct many buildings and skyscrapers to upgrade the roads but didn’t see any skyscrapers being built back up tho. It probably takes a while before they’ll build back up I guess.

splifsend
    Participant

I did get my population back, its just they preferred to spread out more.. the skyscrapers reappear but not necessarily in the same place

splifsend
    Participant

here is a screen of the test I did :- http://i.imgur.com/vMB9pgx.jpg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.