GTX580 crashes

Home Forums Support GTX580 crashes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    xynix
    Participant

I have dual Zotac GTX580s (AMP edition) and have been crashing constantly since starting to play the game. It gives me the  error: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered: Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 340.52 (the latest) stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I have removed one card and left the single in and get the exact same error. This happens within minutes of playing on a fresh reboot or within 30 minutes and anywhere in between.  I have a relatively clean Windows 7/64 build. I have attempted to increase the time out which simply makes the time it crashes to desktop longer. I have tweaked every option in the NVidia control panel specific to this executable. I have tried minimal graphic settings up to highest with exact same results.

Any ideas on what’s causing this?

xynix
    Participant

FYI: The recent patch didn’t change this. Still does the same thing.

xynix
    Participant

Fixed by oddly enough maxing everything out. I hadn’t set shadows etc. to high thinking there would be additional issues. Performance is good maxed out. It’s crashed once in 4 hours or so which is a huge difference between every 10-15 minutes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.