Hard Difficulty too difficult?

Home Forums General Discussion Hard Difficulty too difficult?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    strawberrymilk
    Participant

I’m seeing a lot of fluxuation in earnings, has anyone been successful in the bus public transportation department? Without trains or good’s.  I’m hardly hanging on thanks to the help of one goods transport.

My other stations hit green figures as well but drop everyone once in a while as shown in picture.Here is the picture along with most successful line.

(full size: http://oi59.tinypic.com/25hipso.jpg)

Train Fever

Tegron
    Participant

You should try starting the game in 1950 on hard, I’m at 2158 or so year and just found a way to get close to break even point… basically tons of cargo which is profitable and easy to make and try to build 1 3 town line at a time… since you need 3 trains or so to get the time down, lots of buses to feed the line your looking at a healthy 3mil profit before passenger trains to break even.

I started my trains with 20 mil surplus and it drained me to -2mil before the towns started to balance things out…. granted no passenger line is making money… 🙂

strawberrymilk
    Participant

I am on hard and 1950 however on production, that’s what I’m trying to avoid, I’m trying to see if it’s possible to make a profit out of passengers alone. So far the most I can do is break positive by a small margin. Just focusing on industrial is too easy. Profits are huge for small maintenance cost.

jorgenRe
    Participant

It’s hard for a reason, so for me it’s all fine 😉

Tegron
    Participant

So far on hard if you start in 1950 run cargo you can make tons of money.

Nnever run trains unless you can afford the crazy financial loss as they will not yield profit unless city is 1000 + population with 50% coverage.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.