Hard to build rails

Home Forums General Discussion Hard to build rails

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    doener
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I just bought Train Fever on Steam the other day and really like the game so far, allthough I have some complaints:

First of all I find it really hard to build rails – very often there are reasons why it does not work and it’s not always clear to me, why. In addition I wish I had more in-game help. For example there is not explantion what the difference between “Pfadsignal” and “Wegpunkt” is – I play the game in German. A quick explanatory pop up text would be helpful, if you move the mouse cursor above one of the two signal icons.

And last but not least even on my iMac i7 there are a lot of stutters during the game – especially, when I zoom out.

Best greetings from Berlin,

Stephan

jm764
    Participant

@donener

Welcome.

Well the “Pfadsignal” (Path Signal) is simply used to create a “signal block” between that signal and the one in front or behind it to keep trains from “colliding” with each other and also can be set to “one way” so trains can only pass through on one side in one direction but not the other.

The ““Wegpunkt”” (Waypoint) on the other hand is just a tool used in a line to tell a train to pass through it like a station or signal but doesn’t allow two trains to pass through it at the same time without a signal near it. Signals can also be used as way points.

The slowdown is probably due to the gpu if it is an older model, if you know the specs post them then I can try to narrow it down.

Hope this helps!

– jm764

doener
    Participant

Hi jm764,

thanks a lot!

I am still figering out how to set up path signals properly to let two trains travel back and forth in two directions.
    The slowdown is probably due to the gpu if it is an older model, if you know the specs post them then I can try to narrow it down.

It’s an 27″ iMac model from 2011 (12,2) with Intel Core i7 (3,4 GHz), 8 GB RAM and a 2 GB AMD Radeon HD 6970M – the best avaialble iMac GPU back then, though it’s still Laptop hardware.

Best,

Stephan

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by doener.
    Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

And last but not least even on my iMac i7 there are a lot of stutters during the game – especially, when I zoom out.

I also suffer from this.  I’m running Windows 7 64bit.  Does anyone else have this problem?

Traian Trante
    Participant

Everybody has that problem. When you zoom out, it will load the textures of previous unvisited parts of th map. Once loaded, it sould run smooth, so this only happes once.

Varana
    Participant

Regarding signals:

Signale teilen die Strecke in “Blöcke” ein – den Raum zwischen zwei Signalen. Ein Signal reserviert den Block, an dessen Anfang es steht, für den gerade darin befindlichen Zug, und gibt ihn erst wieder frei, wenn der Zug den Block verlassen hat (= am nächsten Signal vorbeigefahren ist).

Nun ist zu beachten, daß bei TrainFever Weichen quasi eingebaute Signale haben. Stellst du ein Signal vor einer Weiche auf, dann reicht der Block vom Signal bis zur Weiche; die Strecke wird freigegeben, sobald ein Zug die Weiche passiert hat.

Und zweitens, daß Züge in TF nicht automatisch eine freie Spur nutzen. Sie fahren strikt auf ihrer Linie; wenn nebenan ein Gleis frei wäre, nutzen sie das nicht. Man muß ihnen ausdrücklich sagen (über Wegpunkte oder Signale), wo sie lang fahren sollen.

Für zwei Züge baut man am besten eine eingleisige Strecke und ungefähr in der Mitte eine Ausweichsspur:

———-\-A—————–/————

…………\————–B-/

So ungefähr.

Nun stellt man bei A und B je ein Signal auf und setzt das auf Einbahnstraße (one way, weiß nicht, wie die deutsche Version das nennt): Signal setzen, Signal-Icon nochmal anklicken, da kann man das ändern. Dabei zeigt A in die eine Richtung und B in die andere.

Andere Signale braucht man auf so einer Strecke erstmal nicht, solange es nur zwei Züge sind und auch mit der Wartezeit die Frequenz hoch genug ist, daß Passagiere kommen.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Varana.
    doener
    Participant

Hi Varana,

vielen Dank für die ausführliche Erklärung!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.