Have performance issues been fixed?

Home Forums General Discussion Have performance issues been fixed?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Tossi
    Participant

I don’t know how much space the game uses but I have heard the saves are around 250MB each 😀

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Can anybody say if my old rig can take this game on; let’s say medium to low graphics settings:

1. Windows 8.1 64 bit
    2. Intell quad-core Q6600 (one of the first quadcores)
    3. 4GB Ram
    4. Geforce 9600GT (yes, it’s damn old)

I want to play this game so bad, I don’t care to put the graphics lower. Well actually I desparately need a new rig. Thanks in advance.

Azrael
    Participant

Dude, this isn’t CoD Advanced Warfare or BF4.
    It would be a miracle, if your rig wouldn’t be able to put Train Fever on the best graphics settings ^^

Morat
    Participant

@Jonathan078NL We don’t know yet if the game is CPU or GPU bound. My son has my old Q6600 rig (non-overclocked) and it chews through all the Rome 2 Total War he can throw at it. I’d be surprised if you have a CPU issue, but it might depend on how much multi-threading the game supports as your networks get complex.

Not so sure about about your 9600GT though. The Steam page lists an 8800, but how playable a 512mb card will be once you have a bunch of assets loaded is another question.

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Thank you for the replies, maybe I can replace that darn old gpu in nearby future, tired of it. Then again still some new games can run on my rig. So fingers crossed, I think it can take it.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.