Heres a way to BOOST PERFORMANCE

Home Forums General Discussion Heres a way to BOOST PERFORMANCE

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vinkandoi
    Participant

Here is a way to improve the performance. I did it and had surprised increase in performance. Lags were almost none

Lower the texture and color depth.

Download and use the following mods from http://www.train-fever.net

Grapchic mod 2.1 by A100N (better grapchic and performance)

Performance Hotfix Mod by Uzurporator

Extra notes:If you use in game mod system to add these Mods then you will not be able to get achievements. However you can by pass this. In order to do so you will have to extract the files to your train fever folder directly, replacing all the necessary files. In this way you will get achivements even if these mods are active

• This topic was modified 9 years ago by vinkandoi.
    RAAndre
    Participant

Why don’t the developers do this?  Why do we need a mod to make the game run better?  The lags are killing me!

FX2K
    Participant

LOL @ link going through steam

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

The Hotfix Mod by Uzurporator removes all the people from your towns streets.  To me that’s a compromise too far, it spoils the game!

But I do agree that lowering the texture and color depth does help performance.

I cannot find a Graphic mod version 2.1 by A100N, I can only find version 1.0 on Train-Fever.net?

vinkandoi
    Participant

You can use the performance hotfix mod without disabling the people. To do this, extract the mod and then delete 15 files (cman cwom tfman wman etc) in the mods res\models\model folder. Then compress this folder into a zip file and than enable this mod via mod manager

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.