High speed rail on stations

Home Forums General Discussion High speed rail on stations

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Morpheuspt
    Participant

Hello.

I’m enjoying the game very much, it’s a welcome spin on the whole tycoon genre.

However, there’s something i wanna report, maybe its a bug, but here it goes.

Stations aren’t getting high speed lines, so i can’t run through trains at more then 120km/h.

Thanks for the game!

strawberrymilk
    Participant

Just gonna make sure, you placed “high speed rails” right?

RickD
    Participant

Not sure you can place high speed rails in stations, I haven’t worked it out yet

leew
    Participant

I was wondering the same thing.

Traian Trante
    Participant

i can’t be done yet. if you want a speedy line, avoid the station.

mackintosh
    Participant

*shaking my head* *sighing*

Nique
    Participant

Yes, a lot of work needs to be done. I really wish i could change some code myself. A lot of stuff is hard coded.

bencze
    Participant

Well to be fair I am not sure in RL trains go through stations at 300 km/h. I’m pretty sure they slow down somewhat, don’t they? For safety or whatever else reasons…

mackintosh
    Participant

They do go through stations at full speed, though the high speed tracks tend to be in between actual platforms. Obviously this can’t be done in TF (at least not with the default station models), so having station tracks speed limited is just… well, shaking head and facepalm worthy. I hadn’t even picked up on that, as I’ve given up on high speed trains long before this even surfaced as a problem. It’s just one of those bewildering design flaws you don’t even expect to be there.

Azrael
    Participant

It can be done in TF, route the highspeed tracks around the station and they drive with maximum speed through it.

Nique
    Participant

(large version)

Imagine the 2 inner tracks to be highspeed.

Luewen
    Participant

Azrael, routing the high speed routes around the station will only work if the around route is shorter. Otherwise the fast trains will just want to go through the station even if the need to slow down.

Also to benefit on those 300 km/h trains you need to have veeeery long distances between stations for them to be avle to reach those speeds. They kinda accelerate very slowly.

leew
    Participant

In England trains will often pass platforms going much faster than 120km/h, see here for an example of a train passing a platform at 200km/h.  They even have a announcement to tell pax on that platform to stand back from the edge.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGKa7y1Ulr4

Foche
    Participant

sry i’m french and not that good in english , but there is a solution , the Double loop line

this is the same thing than the Nique exemple , but with a 2 lines stations :

how to use this ?

imagine a  line with 7 stations , A B C D E F G

with a double loop line , the train , from A , go directly to C without B , from C to E , and so on

A->C->E->G->B->D->F

this is the representation of a comon line :

there is only Two stations with high speed track here ,but imagine they’re all with the same 2 high speed line + stations lines configuration

and the result :

the 2×2 path signal  are useless , just here to force the game to make loop

Signal path before station :

path signals after  station :

high speed have priority , at least in theory

enjoy !

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Foche.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.