High speed track don't accept switches?

Home Forums General Discussion High speed track don't accept switches?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    douglas
    Participant

So I’m trying to upgrade a huge line to high speed rail and I have a switch on it and I can’t make a switch with the high speed tracks.

Its true that switches cannot happen in high speed PARALLEL tracks?

This is a switch: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTo2GK5ArD4WR4pRNmbs1EuJXqHyY_ep-WZtZ9gWR8Zt17rPW1hyA

Yeol
    Participant

It should be possible, looking at this image, which comes from this very site: http://www.train-fever.com/2013/12/railroad-tracks-in-detail/

To be honest, I never tried it. So I don’t have a confirmation from personal experience.

Rayden
    Participant

Yes, it’s possible, I did the same line upgrade and was able to make switches. The only thing I notice was that it requires a longer track space to create the switch, which makes sense as it’s for faster trains.

RonMaster
    Participant

Im 100% sure it is possible, i made several last night. Are u sure de tracks are actually parallel (should look like the image above, not with a thin black line between it)

douglas
    Participant

Well I managed to make one. But its very problematic to upgrade the tracks.  Sometimes they change the height and sometimes while deleting there is a small piece of track that cannot be deleted.

Would be good to be able to upgrade the track like you put wires on it.

Rayden
    Participant

Another thing, sometimes when you delete one of the old track’s section, if it’s electrified, it leaves a tiny electric pole, usually near junctions or old switches that must be deleted as well. Sometimes it’s hard to see if you’re laying tracks zoomed away. You must zoom further close to spot the “nasty” pole.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.