Higher Cargo Rates

Home Forums Modding Higher Cargo Rates

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    connorboy2000
    Participant

Are there any good modding folk out there who know how or are working on increasing factory/resource outputs. I would love to create a huge freight line but the production buildings are so difficult to get going and even when they do it can take decades to get the production potential up to the 50’s.

Stonelouse
    Participant

yes, thats actually the biggest problem i have with the game.

freight trains are supposed to be long and heavy, but the industries do not produce ernough to warrant long trains and demand from the citys is so low, that i can’t make money by delivering goods to them by train..

what do we need a 320m station for, if i can’t even use a 160m long train because it only uses 1/3 of its capacity?! furthermore a rather short delay because of a disruption on the line causes the industries to slow down production immediately and all trains run a deficit for years again until it is up where it once was.

there should be less industries on the map, but they should produce much much more to allow for long trains running longer distances. also industrial production should not be time dependent at all, only the amount of goods delivered should count.

sadly this seems to be hardcoded in the game, because in the model files of the industries there are only entries for what kind of goods they produce but not for the amount. also i couldn’t find anything in the lua scripts about travel times for goods or passengers.

connorboy2000
    Participant

Exactly! And I’ve only just managed to recently fill a 160m with a 100 passenger train but my longest freight is 4 large open wagons :/, hmm i feared that as the production facilities are so heavily dependent on multiple simulation conditions rather than a simple algorithm. I hope its patched if no modding can be done, if not i may fall to using a cost mod to remove the maintenance on large freight trains but it wont be the same 🙁

max117
    Participant

This is my biggest issue with the game.  It sometimes makes no sense that I can transport every drop of oil a few wells produce to a refinery and they cut production.  Then I shut down the line due to losses and their production increases.  It just doesn’t make any sense at times.

SN42
    Participant

I also have this problem. When i combined mill-town, a sawmill produces one timber per year. I want to create a long train with hundreds of wood. How to increase production? I am waiting for fix that. Or mod. Sorry for my yoga english.

connorboy2000
    Participant

Looks like unless we can raise the pop of a town or increase the demand of goods per capita there is no way to increase industry demands. A production facility will only produce as many resources as a factory will use, and a factory will only produce the amount of goods a town will take. The best way to achieve a HUGE factory set up will to connect one factory to multiple towns with possible multiple town visits on one line if somehow you could make that work.

RickD
    Participant

Connorboy is right, you need to look at it from a different perspective;

Oil Well A is going to deliver x amount of oil to Factory A because the factory needs that amount, it is going to deliver that amount anyway even without your line (little goods symbols travelling along roads). If your line is faster Oil Well A will use it. Hoewever just because you deliver the oil faster dsoesn’t mean the oil well will produce oil faster, it will only produce more oil if you run cargo lines from the refinery to the towns and the demand from the refinery increases. In my game I have a line delivering oil to a refinery, and 3 lines from that refinery to different cities. Both industries are at the moment producing 200 units per whatever time period they do it over. My oil train carries 80 units at a time and is almost always full, the revenue is almost $1m per trip

SN42
    Participant

It’s hopeless. Is there any way to repair this thing? I feel like I played in the demo. I can only transport people and even that is not working properly.

nilssoa
    Participant

Who pays for the transport? Factories should choose the cheapest alternative, the fastest makes no sense. As long as the factory receives a steady stream of supply it shouldn’t matter for how long it’s been transported.

imajor
    Participant

This is my biggest problem too. I was trying to look for a file where the need of the houses could be increased, but unfortunately I didn’t find anything. However I think there is a workaround. It seems to be quite easy to modify the capacity of the wagons and trucks. For example look for the file:

res\models\model\vehicle\waggon\goods_1850.mdl

and search for the line:

{ type = “GOODS”, capacity = 16 }

If I change that 16 to like 2, at least I would need much more and bigger trains. I’m at my workplace at the moment, so I cannot yet check it.

steveb
    Participant

@imajor that works ofc since you actually lower the transport capacity of the waggons but that does not solve the problem. you will run in negative profit either way since you will need a lot more waggons per train…

imajor
    Participant

I forgot about the running cost. There is a mod where you can manage all the different costs in the game. BTW the numbers in that file are actually four times more than the capacity of the vehicle in the game. But anyway, the best would be if the industrial buildings in the towns would consume much more stuff.

Fox9920
    Participant

RickD is correct, I had an oil line that supplied one city, (one oil well and one refinery) It ran at about 45 i extended the track to deliver goods to another city that had no oil refineries and that was 10 minutes ago it is now at 85 and climbing i am going to have to rebuild my entire oil line because the 160 platforms are too small

TTDFEVER
    Participant

You could use Cheat engine to modify the output which is what i did.

Jythier
    Participant

Can you not modify the demand of goods in the cities?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.