Higher Cargo Rates

Home Forums Modding Higher Cargo Rates

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    douglas
    Participant

Actually with the industry production 400 (I raised to 600 in my game) this is indeed possible. I can have very long train. My problem now is lags and crashes.

crossmr
    Participant

Did they remove the hard coded “goods” part yet for cities?

imajor
    Participant

“Learn how to play”

Thanks for the incredible lesson! Learn to read other posts before posting a lesson. I did the same as you, and could get some long trains (as I posted before) but I was expecting more. I see now they exposed the cities grow rate, so if you set those to max, I guess you can get pretty good demand for goods.

douglas
    Participant

Well the main problem is obviously not solved. For this topic is solved: High cargo rates. But for me the main problem is long routes. I do have long trains but they don’t travel too far. My industry serves the neighboring cities. Its not like I can cross the map with cargo. That can be solved with 20 min rule change.

But I really don’t care about that anymore, because what is the point of fixing this if I cannot play the game? I have 1 industry producing goods and all the routes to cities and routes to deliver raw materials, plus 1 passenger line between every city in a medium map. The game is very slow and lagy. And if I use the mod to improve performance the game crashes every now and then.

If I cannot grow and populate the map to have a huge network there is no point in fixing the problem that keeps me from building one.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by douglas.
    Tossi
    Participant

@imajor

I don’t think you read your own posts. You said that the longest train you got was 8 wagons. Mine was 22 completly filling the longest available station. You said long trains like that can’t cross the map when mine did exactly this, traveled from one side of map to the other. You said you don’t want trains that are empty, mine was 100% full – 286 units of coal. You said that every line in this game needs dedicated tracks and you can’t have complex networks and I successfully put many lines on the same tracks whenever it is convienient. What else did you want that wasn’t in the video?

imajor
    Participant

Simple: I don’t want to create some small trains ONLY to be able to build a long train.

But I admit that I was surprised about your video, I didn’t think this is possible, maybe something has changed in the game since I tried the last time. Any chance to share the save game?

Tossi
    Participant

Share the save? Sure thing, there it is:

original savegame

this is the original savegame. If you check it you will notice that I increased the limit for maximum allowable production. So in case you would say something like “it wouldn’t work under normal 400 limit” I also prepared another save in which I lowered production to below 400. Oh my… It took years to downgrade that monster steel mill and then rise it back, but anyway I did it. Here is the file:

proof it works in normal circumstances

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Tossi.
    imajor
    Participant

Thanks. I think this is quite enforced. I admit that you can have a full long cargo train even with normal settings, but I wouldn’t call this satisfying. Would you agree with me, that if you just play the game without enforcing long trains, you will never have any?

Tossi
    Participant

Did you think about what exacly do you mean by that? Because to me you seem to be asking: “Would you agree with me, that if you don’t want to have long trains, you will never have any?”

imajor
    Participant

Thanks Tossi.

Tossi
    Participant

What are you thanking me for? I don’t really feel like I should be thanked in this situation.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Tossi.
    imajor
    Participant

For the discussion.

imajor
    Participant

For the discussion.

Cosmicspacehead
    Participant

I recently managed to make a single coal and iron ore train be completely full, and be quite a lot longer than the 320m station.

It did take a while, I started the game in 1850, and it took until 1895, but my train was holding around 190 units of coal and 240 units of iron ore. This was from 1 iron mine and 1 coal mine, whole trip was about 8 minutes with the fastest train I had at the time. Factory production was about 240/400 .. But because it couldn’t link and more cities to that cargo line, it wouldn’t grow further.

However, it looks very wrong when a train that’s too long for the station tries to enter and come out the other side, most of the front magically disappears, until it starts moving, then the back disappears off the platform until it catches up.

Strange.

But still, it can be done!

However, the goods trains supplying the cities were quite small 4-5 cars Max, and on average, about 60% full.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.