Hint: acute angled curved double/triple bridge over the river

Home Forums General Discussion Hint: acute angled curved double/triple bridge over the river

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pjk
    Participant

Hi Folks!

I want to share my expirience of bulding a smooth roads. Now i will tel you how did i managed to build acute angle low level crossing over the river.

First method is to build two parralel bridges. On the picture you can see stone bridges, but later i find out that iron  bridges has smaller pillars, so they can be put together closer to each other.

Another way allows to build double or even triple bridges of the same layout. To do this you need to dig a hole where bridge touches another bank, to make it go deeper into the bank. To work precisely, put track on both banks before landscaping & use smallest brush.

You need to dig on both banks to make like this:

• This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by pjk.
    Neldot
    Participant

Thank you for the precious hint!

However, I hope that the Developers would take care of the pillars/obstacles problem in building bridges, it’s not so much fun having to work a lot just to build something that the game should be able to build by itself automatically.

Lowell
    Participant

Interesting idea…thanks I will try this.

bencze
    Participant

Cool cool, I’m learning useful stuff today 🙂

leew
    Participant

Yep, I used a similar technique to build a 4 track skew bridge over a river a few days ago, I had to dig on both banks to get the bridge to work without terrain collision.  If you don’t dig the banks then the second/third/fouth spans won’t build as you can’t build the abutments into the water.  As others have said one should just be able to build a 4 track skew bridge without mucking about with digging and also the pillars should align with the flow of the river.

Traian Trante
    Participant

Or you can just raise the rail gradient just before going over the river on both sides. that works too.

pjk
    Participant

This works also, but my way is much cheaper and also slopes slows traffic. I like speed, like perfect roads, so i`m building without any unnecessary slopes or curves.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.