How big is the circle around a bus stop??

Home Forums General Discussion How big is the circle around a bus stop??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mikkolo
    Participant

hello guys,

i have been playing TF for a few hours now and in really enjoy it.

I have in 3 towns multiple bus routes. 1 was verry big so i though Lets split it in 3 separated routes 2 still makes balance losses and 1 is going better.

Qeustion 1: how much land covers a bus station around it? I can remember in TTD / OpenTTD you see how much radius a bus stop has. Does some 1 know THE answer?

qeustion 2: Wh. Is my profit going down on a bus route forst THE balance is profit round 200k and now i am kickt when its around 20k Profit. is there a explanation for this? THE freqeuncy is round 30 seconds and never changed.

thanks!

Mansen
    Participant

There isn’t a coverage circle really. A passenger (or a piece of cargo) is willing to travel however they can up to twenty minutes away.

So if a bus stop is faster than walking, they’ll use it. Even if it’s quite far from them – A closer bus-stop would be more attractive since it’ll get them onto a fast moving vehicle sooner.

Mikkolo
    Participant

qeustion 2: Wh. Is my profit going down on a bus route forst THE balance is profit round 200k and now i am lucky when its around 20k Profit. is there a explanation for this? THE freqeuncy is round 30 seconds and never changed.

Thanks

jorgenRe
    Participant

@Mikkolo Ive experienced that too, so well i may have cheated a bit i halved the costs for maintenance(even thought my cities are at 1.2k pop at year 2110 😉 ), but from what i think. You need to just plan your lines more carefully in the later games for them to be very profitable since people are lazy and can easily choose cars.

grimdanfango
    Participant

Over time, old vehicles will cost more and more to keep running… that’s why it’s important to replace them eventually.  Otherwise they’ll get to a point where they’re costing more to run than they’re earning.

Also, go back and check your bus routes every 20 years or so.  As a town expands, your old route will end up needing to be re-planned to better cover the town.  I often find it’s better to run two different smaller loops around a town rather than one huge one, so people don’t end up stuck on a 15-minute bus ride to the train station, and end up giving up instead of taking the train!

As a town grows to huge sizes, I presume you’ll need to add more than two routes to keep it well covered.  I haven’t got that far yet though… I’m slowly wrestling my way through a game on Hard difficulty 😛

bencze
    Participant

In a way the current system is really exciting, on the other hand it’s not easy to calculate the placement of stations, and the lines. I sort of randomly place stations in towns to take people from green to other areas. 2 things I tried so far:

1) Making long lines that go through whole green area and then to the rest of the city pretty much everywhere. But then 15-20 stops might not be too good, takes too long.

2) Connect the green areas in pieces eg. 2 or 3 blocks to the rest of the city but then if I want short lines then say, I transport half of resident area to the rest using 2 or 3 different lines, and do the same for the other half. In this case traffic will be kinda messy.

I did not figure out which is optimal for now, I sort of do it by just guessing ‘something that may be realistic and works’…

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Mikkolo

Don’t forget, once people start getting their own cars, your bus route may suddenly not be as attractieve as it used to be.

Mikkolo
    Participant

Thank you all!!

@alcari i am not yet in year 1900 so i believe there are no carS yet.

@bencze
    i think my line is to long with to mutch stops. i Will try to silver that out. When i delete all vehicles and only let 1 vehicle it had a high freqeuncy. Lets say its is 15 mins to come from THE First to THe last stop and want to take THE train then maybe its to long then? Is this a option?

@grimdanfango
    i Will try to make THE line shorter.

@jorgenre
    how did you do that? Just delete THE stops and some busses?

so what most People say is Shorter lines anD more line per city?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Mikkolo.
    Jwoo
    Participant

I had the same problem could not figure it out for 100 years lol, so what I do now is have one stop at the bright colour of each part of the city green red yellow blue plan the line aswell so it makes the best loop as possible for short time buy 2 busses etc or those steam things and go from there, then when u build a train station put one outside it add to the line as another bus etc mine now make a profit I’m in 1967 and they only do around 60-100k.

and as for the lighter  colours sod em they can walk

Mikkolo
    Participant

@jwoo hello i followed THE tips standing up round Max 10 stops with many busses.  THE frequency is now around 30-40 sec and profit round 200-300k when i have new to middle age vehicles

thanks all People for THE great tips!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.