How is the price for goods and passengers calculated?

Home Forums General Discussion How is the price for goods and passengers calculated?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Morat
    Participant

What determines how much you earn for carrying goods and passengers? Is it based on the distance travelled, time taken or some combination of both? Is there a difference between goods and freight?

I’m having a hard time working out whether it’s  better to be transporting longer distances or to have shorter but more frequent journeys.

Mansen
    Participant

I don’t know if there’s more to it but distance travelled is certainly taken into account – In fact you’ll want to take advantage of that for industry. Never sell your goods or raw materials to a nearby industry if you can reach one further away.

This is where the high train maintenance costs really come into play – Making short lines is a great way to turn an otherwise profitable route into a money sink. The (large) amount of stuff moved back and forth is just done too cheap to earn you any profits.

Stonelouse
    Participant

but it seems to be the actual distance between industries, not the distance that your train travels. i connected two nearby industries, where one was high upon a hill via a rather long line that wriggled down the hill and i was loosing a lot of money on that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.