How to do a screen shot ?

Home Forums General Discussion How to do a screen shot ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    farani
    Participant

Hi every body.

Nice Game ! I played for 74 hours and I became addicted. But i’m upset by the “unable to align terrain” stuff.

What tools do you use to do video screen shot or hard copy ?

Thanks to you Devs !

Didier

SFG
    Participant

Hit F12 thats the Screenshot default key in Steam.

greetings Markus

Tattoo
    Participant

I tried that and it didn’t work. How do I get that to work, please?

FX2K
    Participant

I tried that and it didn’t work. How do I get that to work, please?

Are you using the steam version?

If so, go to “Steam” (top left menu) then  “In Game”
    You should see what screenshot shortcut key you have assigned and can also specify the screenshot folder.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by FX2K.
    farani
    Participant

thx folks,

found it. what about  video capture ?

FX2K
    Participant

Steam doesn’t do video capture (or I have never seen it)

There are numerous programs out there though, I don’t really bother personally so my list may not be the best, maybe others can suggest better.

In no particular order and off the top of my head

• Fraps
    • Shadow Play (inc with Nvidia GeForce Experience Software)
    • Bandicam
    • DXTory
    Skiwee
    Participant

video is done with 3rd party applications. Fraps is one of the more popular ones, but there are far more options now days with all the game streaming going on.
    Personally I used Mirillis action for my vid, as it theoretically makes better use of the hardware I all ready have.

Tattoo
    Participant

Are you using the steam version?

If so, go to “Steam” (top left menu) then ”In Game”
    You should see what screenshot shortcut key you have assigned and can also specify the screenshot folder.

Yes, I have the Steam version. You forgot to say Select Settings. Thank you, FX2K, but it still won’t work for some reason. Does the game need to be installed in the Steam folder on the C: drive to work? I have TF installed on my F: drive. Could that be why it won’t work? I might have to contact Steam to find out if you don’t know. Either way, thank you…

Also, do I need to Enable the Steam Overlay for it to work? I tried it but it still doesn’t work.

FX2K
    Participant

@forgetting settings… Oops, stupid brain not controlling my fingers properly.

I’m all out of ideas then I’m afraid 🙁
    I think you may have to have the overlay active, I have never bothered turning it off to try otherwise.. I have known it to not work due to conflicting with an in-game key mapped to F12 but that shouldn’t be the case with TF.

I doubt it being the install drive, my steam is installed on D, with a secondary game folder on C: (ssd) for some of the games which I play the most, but D: is the default install with the steam executables etc.

Javis
    Participant

” Yes, I have the Steam version. You forgot to say Select Settings. Thank you, FX2K, but it still won’t work for some reason.” 

Are you sure it doesn’t work ? While in game did you try hitting the F12 key ? Try again and see if at the very right bottom corner of your screen a very small window appears for a second, it says ” Screenshot taken” or something like that. Also check out ….steam/userdata/57292039/760/remote, any folders in there can contain screenshots you’ve made by using the F12 key.   ( my screenshot folder for TF is called 304730 )

Tattoo
    Participant

Thanks anyway FX2K. You tried. I have no idea either. I’ll have to contact steam to see what they say about it. I tried it with the overlay on and off and still nothing. I even had the screenshot folder open in ACDSee to see if one came out, but nothing at all. Oh well, it’s beyond me. I’ll just keep using ACDSee for screen shots. for now, anyway.

Kewl little building tho huh? lol.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.