September 26, 2014 at 16:02 #10051theurosParticipant
If i’m not mistaken, you need to provide cargo they need and transport goods to the city..
well….. I have an oil refinery close to the city and one oil rig not far away.. so I created 1 train to transport oil to refinery and another from refinery to the city .. goth trains had 3 wagons …
then I created another line, two coal routes and one ore route to factory … and goods from there to the city…
both lines were running for few years …
first oil route allways had negative balance .. the seccond ore/coal/goods had very poor income…
Anyway … I thought that with provided chain transport will grow .. but id didn’t …
so I have some questions ..
1. What are all the requirements for production growth ?
2. If all requirements are set .. and still production is bad …. what can be the cause??
3. any other advice ??September 26, 2014 at 16:18 #10056Mordeth65Participant
Growth requires a few things. Getting goods into a city is the 1st. Giving people routes to other cities is the 2nd. And to me the most important.
Try this, make a small map. Pick the center most city as your hub city. Connect every other city to that one. Setup a city to city route from the other 6 to it. I design that middle city myself. I will have 4 tram/bus stations there. 1 NW 1 NE 1 SW 1 SE. Then design a bus route in each city to move the people to your stations. This gives everyone access to each city.
Then, I worry about freight. I find the most central industry on the map. That one factory will supply all 7 cities for many decades.
If you set it up right, that middle city will grow like crazy. I have went from 117 to over 500 in less then 10 years.
Later if you grow right, you will need to add another factory or 2 to keep up with demand.
Cause’s for factory not growing is simple to trace. Turn on the freight overlay, it shows where the freight is moving. If you see freight leaving your truck stations and going to town or industry by themselves, you do not have enough capacity. Keep an eye on auto delivery, it can ruin your chance to upgrade.
Always check what your cities need for carrgo, setup right they should all grow quite fast.
Just an FYI, I have no issue’s taking out a 10 mil loan at start of the game. You can easily run med roads from each city your hub city and setup basic people movers. You will be rolling in cash to be quite honest. I average paying off the loan by 1857.
I also destroy almost every road the AI makes since it does such poor job of it. Some people claim it is cheating, but I paid for the game and cannot stand ugly roads.September 26, 2014 at 16:48 #10062theurosParticipant
I also created a city with hub station and connection to all around cities to it. But currently I have a long line connecting 8 cities in a row with train frequency 5min …
passengers routes are not a problem .. those damn industries sometimes works like a charm .. but somtimes are dead.
About deleting AI road … I read somewhere that factories must be connected to the cities so the workers can go to it ?
About cargo overlay .. some factories have production 0 .. and nothing is traveling “from” and “to it” …
I decided that I will allways start with road transport and then switch it to train because you never know if that production will grow. Lucky for me passeger lines are doing good proffit.September 26, 2014 at 17:51 #10066Mordeth65Participant
Well, you do not need every factory to be working. I am not sure I agree that people need to go to work at the factory, I have seen nothing in game to suggest it is true at any rate. You need to have a station by the factory and a way to deliver goods, for sure. But that can be train track or road. NOTE: I will have to relook, the goods may need a road to get to the station.
You seem like you know what you are doing at any rate. Just embrace your micro management more. Constantly check the cities for goods delivered. With goods being delivered, and intra city network to move people, the cities will not stop growing!! It gets quite insane.
September 26, 2014 at 23:35 #10102edmuliParticipant
- This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Mordeth65.
1. As you mentioned, you need the whole chain set up. Raw material to a factory and goods to the towns. Production will slowly increase untill demand is met. You can see what is delivered now and the total demand for each town if you click on the town name.
2. I would guess the 20 minute rule. Make sure your end stations are close enough to the recipients (town industry buildings). For debugging a cargo route, having the cargo flow on helps a lot.
3. It’s hard to make a profit with cargo trains in the beginning. Easier to start with lorries. Also makes it easier if you can find a decent set up where you can transport in both directions. With a forest near the town you can transport lumber one way and goods the other and be payed both directions.February 1, 2017 at 01:19 #22029Tigertank909Participant
You guys need to update American mod the mines dont produse at lot of things i get 6-4
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.