[How TO] Switch Rail Lines

Home Forums General Discussion [How TO] Switch Rail Lines

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tattoo
    Participant

I stumbled upon how to switch Rail Lines today and wrote a little tutorial about it on the German site.

[How TO] Switch Rail Lines

I hope it comes in handy for other as well.

NLTops
    Participant

+1

Useful while waiting for the waypoint function. What was the point of switching the lines around in this case if I may ask? If I look at the top, it looks like blue is the first to leave the ‘pack’ and after the change has to cross the red line, where before it didn’t.

Tattoo
    Participant

Actually, the red is on the outside and blue inside. I just did that from a saved game but it was right before I started. I originally had to do it because I changed a station in a city and it screwed up the lines where I deleted the track right around that bend.

NLTops
    Participant

Oh wait, got the direction wrong. Now I get it. 😀

Tattoo
    Participant

Oh wait, got the direction wrong. Now I get it. :-D

No, the direction wasn’t wrong, the lines were on the wrong track after I upgraded a goods station in the town near the coal mine. I use one-way signals to make sure the direction is correct so there’s no problem there but when I edit the track, the lines switch places and I needed to get them back to where they were and this worked.

NLTops
    Participant

No *I*** got the direction wrong, I thought they were heading the other direction because I hadn’t fully zoomed it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.